Ukraine

Guest blocker

A peewee team from the Ukraine is coming over for the Quebec City tournament. They also wanted a extra game with my grandson's team. Even though some of their stay would be a relatively easy drive, (Cardigan Mtn School in New Hampshire), fitting the schedules together seemed impossible.

But, Norwich University has a couple kids from the Ukraine on its hockey team. So, Norwich stepped up. They made changes in their ice schedules and are hosting a game for the kids in February.

It's a very nice thing for them to do. Even though they are division 3, they are still under a lot of pressure to produce wins. And that accomodation surely wasn't easy for them.

I'm hoping they have a chance to intermingle. The game will be at 4:00 PM, so even with the drive home, there should be some time available. I'm going to offer to spring for some pizza. We've discovered that no matter where kids come from, they'll always eat pizza.

Diets don't vary much nowadays.

Edited by blocker