Sabres Defense starting to come together

Buffalo Rick

i like how Housley finally used the two Rasmus's together.  Dahlin and Ristolainen late in the Toronto game.  I know he has to split them often to keep things consistent and have a top notch guy out there.  But Zach Begoasian has really played well and is a top notch guy now as well.  Pilut who was just called up and has only 4 games under his belt, really showed something in the Toronto game vs the best offensive unite in the NHL.  The absence of Scandella I am hoping is permanent. He has killed us when he has been out there.  I hope they are shopping him.  Someone is likely to give him a shot as he was good in Minnesota.  Not in Buffalo.  He needs a change of scenary and we need to rid ourselves of him.  McCabe does his job and is physical.  Nelson is a work in progress and there might be someone down in Rochester that can beat him out for that job?  I know that Olofsson might get a shot soon?  He can score and was impressive last night down on the farm.  Its been a while since the Amerks have been winning but they are now. This has always been a good hockey town for the AHL team as well.  As for the Sabres D, Rasmus Ristolainen has shown the league just how great a player he is.  Dahlin seems to get the ink but make no mistake, Risto is the best guy right now.

Archived