Remembering Dan Kelly

Buffalo Rick

The late great Dan Kelly was the voice of the St Louis Blues and the NHL and their early national broadcasts back in the late 60s.  He was maybe the best of all time in hockey.  I remember his broadcasts of many a Montreal vs Boston game in the playoffs and regular season.   You could catch him calling the Blues on the radio. 

image.png

A true legend.  Fortunately for us, his son John is almost a clone of his dad so we still can get that "Kelly" touch to accent any Blues broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest.  They really sound a lot alike.  Here's a sample of Daddy Dan.

I'd also add Ken Wilson to the shout-out list.  His radio broadcasts of the Blues back in the days of Hull & Oates are also the stuff of legends.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 12:36 PM, BlueAero said:

A true legend.  Fortunately for us, his son John is almost a clone of his dad so we still can get that "Kelly" touch to accent any Blues broadcast on Fox Sports Midwest.  They really sound a lot alike.  Here's a sample of Daddy Dan.

I'd also add Ken Wilson to the shout-out list.  His radio broadcasts of the Blues back in the days of Hull & Oates are also the stuff of legends.

What is a farmer's favorite job?

Hull and Oates!