Last night, Blackhawks winger Viktor Stalberg recorded a Hat Trick giving him seven goals this season against the Jackets. He only has twelve on the season and was quoted after the game, "I wish it was like that every night!" I am sure he was referring to his goal output and not playing the 82 games against the Jackets. The Hawks PK killed all five of the Jackets power plays including a four minute pp in the first period when Montador was given an additional two minutes for instigating the fight with a face shield against Boll and an additional two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. The Hawks PK was expected to perform well against the worst team in the League and did so. The Hawks earned two points last night and the Blue Jackets just might have been the Preparation H that this Hawks team needed, we shall see.
Kane Watch: Kaner has three goals in 24 games and this should be his time to shine with Sharpie being out. Last night Kane did have an assist on Stalberg's goal but as I stated in my previous post, he is making bad decisions on the ice and is playing Bantam hockey. sh!t, even recently called up Jimmy Hayes is playing better then Kane. Coach Q, you must send Kaner with a cap hit of $6.3MM, a message now and sit him a game!
Odds and Ends:
- The Blue Jackets out shot the Hawks 34-25
- The Hawks were 0/5 on the power play. (UGH!!!)
- Tazer won 11 of 15 face offs to continue his league lead.
- The Hawks are now tied for the Central division lead (55 points) as the Blues blanked the Canadiens 3-0 and the Deadwings lost to the Islanders 5-1.
- The Hawks next game will be Thursday when they play host to the Minnesota Wild.
Thanks for reading.