The Future? Seider and Donuts!™

SpikeDDS

With the draft's addition of Simon Edvinsson and Sebastian Cossa, it will be a few seasons, but I see this trio giving us many, many shutouts in the future!

I haven't been this excited about the future of the Red Wings in a LONG, LONG time, and I am now setting myself up for future possible disappointment, but man I can't tell you how happy I am with how Steve Yzerman, Kris Draper and company managed this draft, and even the acquisition fo the draft picks which allowed us to pull off this kind of class. For years, I have been hesitant to have high expectations, and I was correct to be that way. I wasn't disappointed much with our performance these last couple of seasons. And I expect improvement this season, but not earth-shaking improvement. But now, I'm abandoning my restraint regarding the future of this team. I'm starting to smell future competitiveness. The fog of the early wafts of playoff-contending hockey is visible now, even if we aren't yet in it.

Soon, Detroit will be celebrating numerous donuts with these three leading the way! What are the odds Cossa would don the 00 and make it official?

And if Yates Cinder Mill has anyone in their leadership with half a brain, they will be all over planning to market with the team! I can see the t-shirts even now!!

SEIDER AND DONUTS™, BABY!!

And yes, I'm trademarking that! ;-D

• Like 2