Oilers nab Ceci and Hyman

yave1964

love both playets HATE both contracts. Ceci was actually pretty good worh the leafs a few years ago but still ran out of town he is sound in all aspects. hyman is a pain in the arse to play against instant top six winger who can play for me any time terms suck players dont

Hyman signs seven-year contract with Oilers

Forward spent six seasons with Maple Leafs; defenseman Barrie gets three-year deal

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

cut.jpg

Oilers sign Hyman

Forward Zach Hyman signs seven-year, $38.5 million contract with Edmonton Oilers

• 01:47 • July 22, 2021
    •  

Zach Hyman signed a seven-year contract with the Edmonton Oilers on Wednesday. Financial terms were not disclosed.

The 29-year-old forward scored 33 points (15 goals, 18 assists) in 43 regular-season games with the Toronto Maple Leafs last season, and one goal in seven Stanley Cup Playoff games. 

Selected by the Florida Panthers in the third round (No. 123) of the 2010 NHL Draft, Hyman has scored 185 points (86 goals, 99 assists) in 345 regular-season games with the Maple Leafs, and 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in 32 playoff games.

Tyson Barrie signed a three-year contract to remain with the Oilers on Wednesday. The 30-year-old defenseman, who was an unrestricted free agent, led the NHL at the position with 48 points (eight goals, 40 assists) in 56 regular-season games last season and had one assist in four Stanley Cup Playoff games.

"It's great to be back," Barrie said. "Connor [McDavid] called me this morning and a couple of boys texted me. It's nice to be wanted. I'm good buddies with all of them and they're all great players.

We have a good thing going, we have a good group of guys and the sky's the limit."

Selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the third round (No. 64) of the 2009 NHL Draft, Barrie has scored 394 points (88 goals, 306 assists) in 610 regular-season games with the Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Avalanche and 15 points (one goal, 14 assists) in 30 playoff games.

Defenseman Cody Ceci signed a four-year contract with Edmonton on Wednesday and forward Warren Foegele was acquired by the Oilers in a trade from the Carolina Hurricanes for defenseman Ethan Bear.

Edited by Brewin Flames