Wild vs Blues (Game #5 GDT)

MNSOTA

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

But does McD have Kaps ability to go sideways and still keep speed and the puck in control.
Different stles, Both amazing.

One word answer to your question...N O P E.  Very unique skill set.

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

How does Hartman airmail that pass from Kap??  Could have shifted the momentum back before third.

How often have we seen him do that all season tho. 😁
Somebody other than or along with Kap needs to step up !!!

• Good Post 1

How often have we seen him do that all season tho. 😁
Somebody other than or along with Kap needs to step up !!!

I think it is REALLY hard to play with Kap.  He does things that others don't expect and CANNOT do.  It probably makes you a deer in the headlights - always looking for passes that can't normally happen (or be made).  I love Hartman, but there is a ceiling to everyone's abilities, and I think Kap pushes everyone beyond theirs and it leads to exposure (not that the play referenced was too challenging, but I think playing with Kap might rattle most players when the puck continues to arrive when you least expect it).  I've got few other explanations, but I swear that there have been 2-3 missed assists in almost every game from Kap, which would put him above even McD in points.  I love that he has just started to shoot this year - he just has a crazy hard and accurate release and clearly does not need to be balanced or in a shooting position (see his last goal).

• Like 1

There are 3 things I wanted for these PO's...
-Home Ice Advantage...Check
-Long PO run...(at least past 1st round)
-No Elimination games for us in RD 1. (other than the mutual GM 7 and not even then really) 

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I think it is REALLY hard to play with Kap.  He does things that others don't expect and CANNOT do.  It probably makes you a deer in the headlights - always looking for passes that can't normally happen (or be made).  I love Hartman, but there is a ceiling to everyone's abilities, and I think Kap pushes everyone beyond theirs and it leads to exposure (not that the play referenced was too challenging, but I think playing with Kap might rattle most players when the puck continues to arrive when you least expect it).  I've got few other explanations, but I swear that there have been 2-3 missed assists in almost every game from Kap, which would put him above even McD in points.  I love that he has just started to shoot this year - he just has a crazy hard and accurate release and clearly does not need to be balanced or in a shooting position (see his last goal).

Zucc has really been the only one to thrive on all that which is such a boost for him keeping his game going.

There are 3 things I wanted for these PO's...
-Home Ice Advantage...Check
-Long PO run...(at least past 1st round)
-No Elimination games for us in RD 1. (other than the mutual GM 7 and not even then really) 

I also wanted to see a DIFFERENT Wild team.  No soft effeminate BS.  Players stepping up to make plays (particularly the highest paid 'stars').  Some solid goal-tending.  Smart calls by coaches.  Winning when you should (e.g. no 'give away's').  And, no Suits, Koivus, and Man Baby's ruining the playoffs for me with their 8itch play.  Foligno is 10Xs the leader that $hitvu ever dreamed of being.  I am still hot/cold on Spurgeon.  He blew that last goal, and seems to be  more reckless since he became a captain than I remember him being in prior years.  All-in-all, my hopes for this year will hinge on the third period and any games that follow.  You have proven you can play with, and beat the Blues.  Now, finish these heavy footed old 8itches

.2019753191_Footonthroat.jpg.95342561c1d89cc1b6b53f9917d02f9d.jpg

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I also wanted to see a DIFFERENT Wild team.  No soft effeminate BS.  Players stepping up to make plays (particularly the highest paid 'stars').  Some solid goal-tending.  Smart calls by coaches.  Winning when you should (e.g. no 'give away's').  And, no Suits, Koivus, and Man Baby's ruining the playoffs for me with their 8itch play.  Foligno is 10Xs the leader that $hitvu ever dreamed of being.  I am still hot/cold on Spurgeon.  He blew that last goal, and seems to be  more reckless since he became a captain than I remember him being in prior years.  All-in-all, my hopes for this year will hinge on the third period and any games that follow.  You have proven you can play with, and beat the Blues.  Now, finish these heavy footed old 8itches

.2019753191_Footonthroat.jpg.95342561c1d89cc1b6b53f9917d02f9d.jpg

Spurgeon could go with Dumba IMO.
His unique abilities with his size have been exposed the last couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We lost our 'Beast mode' midway in the 2nd...This is the result.

YEP....Took our foot off their throat.  We are paying the price.  Cannot relax in playoffs, and you need to finish teams.

• Like 1