Sabres play Eichel in Vegas

Buffalo Rick

I’m not sure how focused the Golden Knights will be tonight but Jack Eichel will be.  The Sabres come in above .500 and this will be a tall order coming out of there with a win.  My guess is Granato will go with Luukenen tonight after Anderson won at the Yotes?  Luukenen beat Colorado somehow in his last.  I’m hoping they play well

Owen Power and Bryson both injured and those guys are important.  But maybe it gives Lawrence Pilut more time and I like that kid.

Edited by Hockey Junkie

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I’m not sure how focused the Golden Knights will be tonight but Jack Eichel will be.  The Sabres come in above .500 and this will be a tall order coming out of there with a win.  My guess is Granato will go with Luukenen tonight after Anderson won at the Yotes?  Luukenen beat Colorado somehow in his last.  I’m hoping they play well

Owen Power and Bryson both injured and those guys are important.  But maybe it gives Lawrence Pilut more time and I like that kid.

Eichel should still be injured he's listed as having upper body injury so no better chance than more for Buffalo to beat Las Vegas...

1 hour ago, Villella McMeans said:

Eichel should still be injured he's listed as having upper body injury so no better chance than more for Buffalo to beat Las Vegas...

Thanks for that.  Been killing hockey and NBA on draftkings.  4 withdrawals in 5 days.  They might shut me down soon.  LOL.  The NFL is far tougher when it comes to betting.  Now I know the Sabres are still up against it tonight. Anytime you have the crap goaltending we have.  And Power is out. But thanks again. I did not know he was out.  That is big.

• Like 1

OOPS!!!!!!!!  Another member kindly let me know that Jack Eichel is on IR.  OUT.  That gives us a shot.  Of course Pietrangelo, Alex, who  I like from his days with the Blues, is likely going to be his beastly self.  That guy is damn good.  But so is Parayko of the Blues and Power of my Sabres.  Oops.  He is out too.  That sucks. Tage Thompson, the city lights are on you!!!! Skinner coming off another good game. Id like to see Jack Quinn have a big night in Vegas.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villella McMeans said:

Yes your right .  IR.  Why not list a 2nd fav team?  I get your loyalty to the Flames who once had Fluery and McGuinness.  Great team.  You are likely old enough to remember those days?  Back after the glory days of Edmonton and Islanders and their epic wars.  And very long after the Bruins and Montreal had their battles with Don Cherry behind the bench.  My Sabres of course 5 years in, stones by Bernie Parent. But we had the French Connection. Perrault, Martin and Robert.  The Blues are my 2nd fav.  Always loved them.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Yes your right .  IR.  Why not list a 2nd fav team?  I get your loyalty to the Flames who once had Fluery and McGuinness.  Great team.  You are likely old enough to remember those days?  Back after the glory days of Edmonton and Islanders and their epic wars.  And very long after the Bruins and Montreal had their battles with Don Cherry behind the bench.  My Sabres of course 5 years in, stones by Bernie Parent. But we had the French Connection. Perrault, Martin and Robert.  The Blues are my 2nd fav.  Always loved them.

Yeah I'm old enough haha I was 10 when Calgary won the Cup and I remember it well...as for second favorite team well that changes alot unlike my first favorite hahaha...right now my second favorite will be Ottawa when Ryan Reynolds buys it😁

1 hour ago, Villella McMeans said:

Yeah I'm old enough haha I was 10 when Calgary won the Cup and I remember it well...as for second favorite team well that changes alot unlike my first favorite hahaha...right now my second favorite will be Ottawa when Ryan Reynolds buys it😁

I hate Ottawa from the old playoff wars.  I am quite a bit older as I was around 30 in late 80s when I believe Calgary won? Good team now but I think my Sabres are well lined up for the future. Just need a goalie and a few years on some good young talent.  The Vegas guys like them tonight with their speed at Vegas and Eichel absent.  I wish Calgary had kept Geudreau

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I hate Ottawa from the old playoff wars.  I am quite a bit older as I was around 30 in late 80s when I believe Calgary won? Good team now but I think my Sabres are well lined up for the future. Just need a goalie and a few years on some good young talent.  The Vegas guys like them tonight with their speed at Vegas and Eichel absent.  I wish Calgary had kept Geudreau

Yeah haha it was 1989 when Calgary won Cup...and yeah I didn't like Ottawa either back then but it's hard to not like them if Ryan Reynolds is owner...I wish Gaudreau would have chosen to stay too I really think if he chose to stay Tkachuk Gudbranson and Jankrock all would've stayed too and we'd have the same team as last year...oh well...I think have faith that Calgary can still turn things around this year though since we only halfway into this season...

You being a bit older you must be a Lindy Ruff fan too I really liked what he did with Buffalo back then and I'm happy to see he's doing very well with New Jersey now too...

6 hours ago, Villella McMeans said:

Yeah haha it was 1989 when Calgary won Cup...and yeah I didn't like Ottawa either back then but it's hard to not like them if Ryan Reynolds is owner...I wish Gaudreau would have chosen to stay too I really think if he chose to stay Tkachuk Gudbranson and Jankrock all would've stayed too and we'd have the same team as last year...oh well...I think have faith that Calgary can still turn things around this year though since we only halfway into this season...

You being a bit older you must be a Lindy Ruff fan too I really liked what he did with Buffalo back then and I'm happy to see he's doing very well with New Jersey now too...

I wish the Sabres let him coach forever.  He  is my favorite coach.  Granato is doing good.  The best he can with what he has.  Luukenen played lights out in Vegas last night.  Sabres win.  Two games above 500.  Not bad  Now a date with Tampa, and we will be wearing the old red and black.  They lit up the Red Wings when they wore those at home.  Scored like 7-8.  Hope they can keep it going.  Maybe Luukenen is the guy for now?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Luukenen plays lights out as Sabres beat Vegas in sin city.  The Sabres have moved to two over 500.   I hope they beat Tampa Friday.  But either way, the schedule softens up a bit after Tampa. 

Yeah that was good win beating Vegas and Tags Thompson with another highlight real goal👍

Sabres have actually caught Florida in the standing with a game in hand.  But its going to take a big winning streak to catch a playoff team.  Islanders or Penguins only teams I can really see them trying to catch. Washington is on the outside barely I believe.  Washington has seen its best days.  They are in decline I believe.  But still a tough defensive team.  The Islanders are a mystery.  Very good at times and sleep walking at other times.  Go Sabres

10 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Luukenen plays lights out as Sabres beat Vegas in sin city.  The Sabres have moved to two over 500.   I hope they beat Tampa Friday.  But either way, the schedule softens up a bit after Tampa. 

weren’t you just posting how you hated Luukenen and wanted him gone, Sabres need goaltending? 

Pick a side man? 😂

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

weren’t you just posting how you hated Luukenen and wanted him gone, Sabres need goaltending? 

Pick a side man? 😂

Yes I’d prefer we could compete with big market teams and have two proven vet goalies.  I hope I’m wrong about Luukenen like I was wrong about Tage Thompson.  Luukenen was bad for a stretch.  Now he beats Avs and Vegas on the road.  Hope he keeps it going.   No idea who Granato throws in Friday.  I took your Flyers over Columbus tonight