Joe Pavelski 500th Goal - Watch Party!

NHL HHOF

Joe Pavelski

https://www.nhl.com/player/joe-pavelski-8470794

Joe Pavelski Contract

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/joe-pavelski

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/dallas-stars/joe-pavelski-2051/

Joe Pavelski has played 17 seasons in the National Hockey League, and scored 449 goals in the regular season. 3 more seasons for 20, and 51 more goals for 500! He's proven he can still score over 25 goals per season. Joe Pavelski becomes an unrestricted free agent after the 2023-2024 NHL season. He should re-sign with the Dallas Stars. Evgeni Malkin will be the 48th member of the NHL 500+ goals club, and Joe Pavelski will be the 49th or 50th member of the NHL 500+ goals club. It's between him and Patrick Kane. Joe Pavelski is a former teammate of Patrick Marleau (566) with the San Jose Sharks. Joe Pavelski should be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame and the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame.

Joe Pavelski holds the record for most playoff goals by an American-born player - 68 - and he scored 4 last night!

Edited by NHL HHOF

Pavelski shines in return despite Stars loss in Game 1 of West 2nd Round

Forward, who missed 2 weeks in concussion protocol, scores 4 goals against Kraken

https://www.nhl.com/news/joe-pavelski-scores-4-goals-in-return-in-stars-game-1-loss/c-344113824?tid=344015606

Kraken overcome Pavelski, Stars with OT win in Game 1 of West 2nd Round

Gourde ends it at 12:17; Dallas center scores 4 goals in return from concussion

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-dallas-stars-game-1-recap/c-344101470?tid=344015606

Joe Pavelski's time with the San Jose Sharks, and iron men, Patrick Marleau and Brent Burns.

Patrick Marleau is a 500+ goals club member, and Joe Pavelski will most likely become one.

2006-2007 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2007-2008 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2008-2009 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2009-2010 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2010-2011 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2011-2012 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2012-2013 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2013-2014 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2014-2015 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2015-2016 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2016-2017 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski)

2017-2018 - San Jose Sharks (Joe Pavelski, Brent Burns)

2018-2019 - San Jose Sharks (Joe Pavelski, Brent Burns)

2019-2020 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Brent Burns)

2020-2021 - San Jose Sharks (Patrick Marleau, Brent Burns)

Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski played 11 seasons together on the San Jose Sharks.

Joe Pavelski and Brent Burns played 2 seasons together on the San Jose Sharks.

Patrick Marleau and Brent Burns played 2 seasons together on the San Jose Sharks.

cut.jpg

Pavelski's quiet leadership needed for Stars in Game 3 of West Final

38-year-old forward lauded for not taking shortcuts with Dallas down 2-0 to Golden Knights

https://www.nhl.com/news/dallas-leaning-on-joe-pavelski-to-rally-in-game-3-of-west-final/c-344520996?tid=344391338

LAS VEGAS -- Tyler Seguin remembered a conversation he had with Joe Pavelski a few months after the latter signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Dallas Stars on July 1, 2019.

"We're on the plane and I look at him and he's talking," Seguin said. "He had a slow start with us and for a normal guy, it would probably be a little in his head or being a little frustrated and he's the happiest guy in the world. He's unfazed and that leadership, and those qualities he brings to us, make us a much better group."

Pavelski's ability to be unfazed is something the Stars will need as a group when they play the Vegas Golden Knights in Game 3 of the Western Conference Final at American Airlines Center in Dallas on Tuesday (8 p.m. ET; ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS). The Stars trail the best-of-7 series 2-0 after two overtime losses at T-Mobile Arena. 

The 38-year-old forward has been a steady presence on and off the ice. He has 12 points (eight goals, four assists) in 10 Stanley Cup Playoff games, third on the Stars behind linemates Roope Hintz (22 points; 10 goals, 12 assists) and Jason Robertson (15; four goals, 11 assists). He leads Dallas with three game-winning goals.

"He has a great effect on our group," Stars coach Peter DeBoer said. "And I've said this before: any teams that get to this point in the season, their best players are their most honest players or you don't get this far. If your best players are taking shortcuts or cheating or cheating for offense, you're not getting to this point, and I think Joe lives by that creed.

"If your best players are doing that, it's really hard for the rest of the group not to follow that, so he's the conscience of our group. He's out there blocking shots at 38 years old. With the career he's had, how many goals he's scored and all the accolades he's had, how do you sit on the bench and not take your turn and do the same thing?"

Golden Knights coach Bruce Cassidy said Pavelski has a "high hockey IQ," similar to Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron, who Cassidy coached in Boston from 2016-22. 

"When you watch them probably in practice, if you just came and didn't know the team, you probably wouldn't pick them as an elite player," Cassidy said. "But they get in games, the game slows down for them, and they know how to process.

"The play Pavelski made on Hintz's goal (in Game 1), it's on and off his stick. He knew exactly where everyone was, hits in him stride. Those are the little things you think are easy but to make that play on time with good defenders is not. The hand-eye coordination speaks for itself. Obviously, he's an inspirational guy in the room, so he's probably doing everything right off the ice. Good for him."

Pavelski was captain of the San Jose Sharks from 2015-19 and said he had a great support group around him, including former NHL forwards Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joel Ward and defenseman Paul Martin.

"When I came to Dallas, all I wanted to do was support (Stars captain) Jamie (Benn) and know what a big job and probably what he's feeling at times with it," he said. "Just add extra stuff on the side wherever I could because you understand as a player, you just want to help your teammates and you just want them to help you."

The Stars are in a fight for their playoff lives right now. They'll need their best players, their leaders to take the reins, to not be fazed by what happened in the first two games.

Pavelski is a big part of that.

"That was something I took throughout my career is you want to show up," he said. "You want to compete for the guys next to you because that's what you expect of them and that's probably the No. 1 thing with leadership: Just show up and play, compete, try to help guys have them help you and then just be a group that's excited to be out there together."

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 1:26 AM, NHL HHOF said:

Joe Pavelski holds the record for most playoff goals by an American-born player - 71

I Don't Know Why The NHL Does This!!!

Edited by NHL HHOF

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pavelski turning back clock for Stars with hot start 

39-year-old forward has 10 points in first 9 games

https://www.nhl.com/news/joe-pavelski-turning-back-clock-for-dallas-with-hot-start

By Derek Van Diest

@DerekVanDiest NHL.com Staff Writer

November 03, 2023

EDMONTON -- Whatever fountain of youth Joe Pavelski is drinking from, the rest of his Dallas Stars teammates want in.

The 39-year-old forward is off to an outstanding start in his 18th NHL season, with 10 points (four goals, six assists) in nine games. Pavelski had a goal and two assists for Dallas in a 4-3 victory against the Edmonton Oilers at Rogers Place on Thursday, including setting up Roope Hintz for the game-winner at 2:37 of the third period.

“I have to get the same water tap that he’s got,” Stars goalie Scott Wedgewood said. “He’s a very smart player. I think if anything is going to be said about him, people might take away his speed, but he’s not late on plays, he’s in the right spot and he’s smart about it. He knows when to take his chances, he knows where the play is going to go, anticipation, and you don’t get that without playing 1,000 games and getting 1,000 points and it’s a credit to his craft.

“He’s just a world-class player, a world-class human and I’m glad he’s on our side.”

Pavelski is in his fifth season with the Stars after playing his first 13 in the NHL with the San Jose Sharks. He was selected by the Sharks in the seventh round (No. 205) of the 2003 NHL Draft and has gone on to play 1,259 games with 1,011 points (453 goals, 558 assists). He also has 139 points (73 goals, 66 assists) in 182 playoff games.

“He’s just smart,” Dallas forward Matt Duchene said. “People say you have to be fast playing today’s game and he’s a guy that’s always been a middle of-the-pack skater, but it doesn’t matter, he’s so smart and he knows how to get places and make plays.

“The pass he makes to Roope there, that’s elite, that’s as good as it gets in this league. He’s played the same style of game his whole career and he takes care of himself, he works hard, he loves the game and he tries to get better all the time. That’s what it takes. You see a lot of guys at that age and even younger, kind of shut off to loving the game and he loves the game and it’s great to see.”

Pavelski is playing on the Stars’ No. 1 line with Hintz at center and Jason Robertson on left wing. The three combined for seven points against the Oilers, with Dallas building a 4-1 lead and holding on in the third period to win the second game of a back-to-back set after winning 4-3 at the Calgary Flames on Wednesday. The Stars (7-1-1) have won three in a row.

“It’s coming. There’s been times where it could be a little better from a line and what we expect of each other,” Pavelski said. “There’s definitely more out there for us and the last little bit you can tell it’s coming, and tonight there were good support plays and his (Hintz's) speed and the way he can finish off rushes and things, it makes it easy and creates some space. It was good night for him.”

In 18:08 of ice time against Edmonton, Pavelski had three shots on goal and was 9-for-15 on face-offs. He had one assist in 13:56 of ice time against Calgary.

“I feel good, I’m playing with some good players and getting in some good spots,” Pavelski said. “For me, it’s supporting those guys finding holes and kind of what I’ve done the last couple of years with them. I think our game is definitely building. I think tonight we had some good chemistry along the way and it’s fun playing with those guys.”

Pavelski scored at 3:25 of the second period to give Dallas a 2-1 lead, one-timing a cross-ice pass from Hintz on a 3-on-1 rush. Pavelski got an assist on a power-play goal by Hintz at 16:06, poking a pass from Miro Heiskanen on net. Pavelski’s shot was stopped, but Hintz scored on the rebound.

“Just when he looks like the end might be coming up, he comes out and gets one (goal) and two (assists),” Stars coach Pete DeBoer said. “He’s just an amazing athlete and always in big moments, too. We’re in a back-to-back, you think he’d be the one guy that probably wouldn’t have an impact on the game tonight, based on his age, and he’s one of the best players out there. That tells you the story.”

Pavelski signed a three-year free agent contract with Dallas on July 1, 2019, and then consecutive one-year deals on March 11, 2022, and Jan. 1, 2023.

“He’s a driver, a motivator, he’s a guy the group rallies around,” DeBoer said. “He’s a leader for us, he does it all.”

Edited by NHL HHOF

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

How many times do the Stars play the Sharks this year?

>= 4 and he may have it this year.

Are you saying he could score 51 goals this season, when he's never scored 50 in any season?