Tyler Myers has Hearing Today for Hit on Gomez

Guest Pegulaville26

Potential bad news for Sabres fans, Tyler Myers has a hearing with Brendan Shanahan for his boarding penalty on Scott Gomez last night. I don't think the hit is suspension worthy, but I can never read on what Shanahan thinks. Myers has no history of suspensions or prior meetings. Buffalo cannot afford to lose their big tower on the blue line for any games in this playoff push. See the hit here...

. What do you think?

Gomez knew he was there and turned so Myers could not hit him shoulder to shoulder. Myers is not a Flyer so he won't get a suspension( nor does he deserve one). he did not drive him into the boards and kept his elbows down. Malkin's hit on Boychuk was worse than that hit and he did not even get a call.

Myers hearing was at 1PM EST and has ended. Myers was quoted saying to John Vogl of the Buffalo News "I'm probably expecting something." When pressed more on the issue Myers responded with "We'll see what happens, whatever they decide I'll live with it". Anything other than a fine would be an outrage in my opinion and another example of the inconsistent NHL.