Kiprusoff to the Leafs?

Guest hf101

According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Calgary goalie Miikka Kiprusoff is open to trade to Toronto, but wants an adjustment on his contract for next season.

The 36 year old netminder has one more year left on his contract, but while the deal has a cap hit of $5.833 Million for the 2013-14 season, the actual money in the last year is $1.5 Million. The adjustment could be accomplished by a short term extension with a signing bonus.

If this report is accurate, it now comes down to whether the Leafs are willing to pay the price the Flames want in exchange for the veteran goaltender.

I guess this is a matter of how much the Leafs are willing to pay for Kiprusoff.

@hf101 If the price is not to steep, this would be a great move for the Leafs. I think Riemer is playing well, but if he went down, who would you want coming into a playoff game, Kipper or Timber me Scrivens? Pefect depth move to solidify the goaltending....if, like you said, the price is not crazy. I could see a Bozek for Kipper deal, since Bozed is a pending UFA and the Leafs could lose him for nothing....AND it would give Kadri a spot on the top line, which makes sense considering how hot the kid is right now.