Red Wings report card

Guest yave1964

Here is my rating of each player as the season winds down.

Jimmy Howard: A class act, great job this year, the teams MVP.

Gustafsson: C Good backup.

Mrazak: A Gives hope for the future

Kronwall: B- Has done a good job offensively, but his -8 and being shoved around in front of the net shows he still is not elite.

Smith: D Lost his mojo and confidence, not playing with a snarl. Young, he will bounce back.

White: F Looked lost without Lidstrom.

Colaiacovo: INC. Couldn't stay healthy.

Lashoff: C- Came out of nowhere to play second/third pair minutes when we were desperate and didn't embarrass himself.

Kindl: A- Has developed in to a top four, significantly better than I thought he could be.

Ericsson: B- Still to soft for such a big guy and takes dumb penalties but has played well.

Quincey: B Adjusted well to playing a stay at home role

Dekeyser: INC but wow am I glad we signed him. See Brad Stuart.

Forwards

Datsyuk A Another wonderful season from a magical player.

Zetterberg A- Just under a point a game, playing through inuries

Filpulla C Took big step back from last years breakthrough season at wrong time as he is due to be an UFA wanting 5 million a year.

Franzen B- Has shown a spark occasionally then disappeared at others. Usual mule.

Tatar B Good season, ready to replace Cleary

Cleary C The tank is not empty but the gas light is on

Nyquist C- Finally getting time, after leading the AHL in scoring before his callup.

Brunner: A for the first 20 games, D for the last 20. Needs to get used to the NHL.

Abdelkader A I gotta admit, I did not see him stepping up. Meet the new Homer.

Helm INC. Sad really, so much potential about to be passed by the prospects.

Bertuzzi INC: See toast, burnt.

Samuelsson INC or F. Stealing a paycheck.

Tootoo C Not a big fan of his type but he has brought a spark

Emmerton: C+ Like Abdelkader he has been a pleasant surprise

Mursak Inc. Gone after this year, likely to the KHL

Eaves C- Amazing comeback from horrific injury but skill has eroded

Miller B Quietly stabilizes lower lines and PK

Andersson B big guy has shown a flash

Thanks for reading

a (B-) for Kronwall...?? Really? I think I would give him at least a B if not a B+. Kronwall basically had to fill the void for Lindstrom, I have him on a couple of my fantasy teams and for the most part he has given me a decent amount of points for a shortened season.

I agree though with Kindl he really has had a strong season given the increased icetime.

Filpulla really hasn't impressed.

Zetterburg has had a solid year as a first year captain.

and probably my biggest surprise this season has been Abdelkader, glad to see the increased roles he has been given.

a (B-) for Kronwall...?? Really? I think I would give him at least a B if not a B+. Kronwall basically had to fill the void for Lindstrom, I have him on a couple of my fantasy teams and for the most part he has given me a decent amount of points for a shortened season.

I agree though with Kindl he really has had a strong season given the increased icetime.

Filpulla really hasn't impressed.

Zetterburg has had a solid year as a first year captain.

and probably my biggest surprise this season has been Abdelkader, glad to see the increased roles he has been given.

Kronwall has done an amazing job of replacing the offense that Lidstrom supplied, slowed a bit lately but still top five among blueliner scoring. And anyone who knows me knows Kronwall is my favorite player, my problem is that big glaring -8 staring at him, I have watched him get shoved around in front of the net all year, his open ice hitting is stuff of legends but he has not done a good job of protecting Jimmy in the crease. Also, he has not elevated his fellow defensemen the way that a leader should. Perhaps I quibble too much in his case, lol so as to not appear biased.