Black Hawks snubbed?

yave1964

The Chicago Blackhawks ran away with the Western conference from day one this year, easily winning the Presidents trophy as the best team in the league. Yet individual awards seem likely to elude them...

The Hart has Crosby, Ovie and Tavares. No sign of Kane or Toews

The Calder does have Saad as a finalist, but Huberdeau is the favorite

Vezina candidates are Niemi, Bob and Lundquist, Crawford not to be seen.

Norris trophy candidates are Letang, Subban and Suter, Keith is not on this list.

Masterton trophy will and should go to Josh Harding

Lady Bing will likely go somewhere else.

My original thought was that the Blackhawks had an amazing start and were taken for granted thereafter by the voters, but frankly I think this is missing the mark.

The Hawks are not made up of individuals, but are a TEAM. They remind me more and more of the nineties Red Wings under Scotty Bowman, the Wings year in year out had the best record or close, and never won individual awards. This is a deep club, with a common goal of winning a Stanley cup. Even Kaner has calmed down this season and seems focused on team goals more than individual. IMHO it means look out for the rest of the league. The highest compliment to this team is the lack of candidates for individual awards.