Tim Thomas signs with the Panthers

hf101

Good for him. I guess it wasn't too hard to beat out Bryz. 

"He really wants to play and he really wants to lead and he really wants to be the starter and he wants to win and he wants to win now," Tallon said Monday while the Panthers faced Nashville in a preseason doubleheader. "I was very impressed with him. His attitude is terrific. I liked everything that he had to say and I liked his approach. We try to strive to get better every day and I think a good Tim Thomas makes us a better team."

source

• 2 weeks later...

@hf101  I've always thought TT was a good goalie, but it's just a huge risk, signing a older goalie who has not played in years. Very risky venture. Wonder what the cap hit could be? This sends a bad message to Markstrom, always good to have healthy, but I figured Markstrom would finally have a chance to win the job and run with it. Now he has a Stanley Cup winning tender to contend with. Is Theodore still in the picture?

@jammer2

I think as long as Markstrom plays well he will be the #1 goalie.  We may see a 50-50 or 60-40 to start the season.  Thomas is basically Clemensons competition not Markstroms, imo.

I don't think the Panthers are interested in Theodore, however I did hear that the Penguins gave him a call... 

Sorry no picture yet.  I am a supporter of the San Antonio Rampage the AHL Affiliate of the Panthers.  I followed the Panthers last year and even traveled to south Florida to attend a game. The Thomas signing bothers me.  Not on the playing side but his actions taken as a member of the Bruins.  The entire team was invited to the White House and have a photo op with the President.  He refused to attend.  I served this country as a member of the military for 25 years.  I defended his right to make a move like that. I still don't have to like it.  I see it as a slam against the Office of President.  If you don't like the person who fills that job at least be man enough to put you political views on hold for an hour.  I had to do that for 25 years.  Tim Thomas, What did you do for the price of citizenship?  Off the soapbox.  GO PANTHERS