Hawks-Jets tomorrow night: Round 3

Chicago Hawkie

The Hawks have won both games vs. Winnipeg thus far, and rather handily.  Who will the third time be a charm for?  The Hawks or the Jets?

Of course, there is the current Hawks vs former Hawks also. I wonder how Versteeg will do in this one?

After last night's ugly loss to the Avs, I think the Hawks will try to get back on track.

@Chicago Hawkie  I know Evander Kane has not scored in 10+ games, that cannot last forever, hopefully he does not break out against your Hawks. Little has been tremendous for the Jets this year, almost at a point per game click to this point. You'd have to think the Hawks will be fighting mad after the horrid blow out at the hands of the Aves. Usually Toews will lead the way after a huge let down game like that, I expect no different against the Jets....I see 2 goals and 1 assist for Johnathan, and a 4-3 Hawks win. Big Buff has been really hot of late for the Jets with 5 goals in the past 2 weeks, it's really important to block his shots from the point and make sure he does not get a clear line of vision to the net.

• Like 1

Hawks lead 1-0 after one period in a Battle of the Kanes

Patrick Kane scored on the power play to give the Hawks a 1-0 lead, taking advantage of a penalty by Evander Kane.  It was not a cheap penalty to Vannie, either, but a knee-on-knee hit to Brandon Saad.

That hit made Vannie look like Mush Marchment.  There was no reason why he had to do that, either.  Vannie's stick was not on the ice where it should have been, when he made that hut, either.

Edited by Chicago Hawkie

"Usually Toews will lead the way after a huge let down game like that, I expect no different against the Jets....I see 2 goals and 1 assist for Johnathan, and a 4-3 Hawks win. Big Buff has been really hot of late for the Jets with 5 goals in the past 2 weeks, it's really important to block his shots from the point and make sure he does not get a clear line of vision to the net."

Well, that was a good call, Towes had one more point than I predicted, 1 goal, 3 assists!  Big Buff stayed hot also, goal and a assist. Saw this one clear, but messed up the final score, 6-3 not 4-3  :)