Getting some of the tan "throwback" Reebok gloves

bunnyman

No doubt these were produced for the Canadiens Centennial game. I am on aretro-modern design kick lately.

These are obviously not even PU leather. They are tricot. But they got the colour of natural leather right, and that's the cool part. I think when I get my custom VH skates, I want brown and black; however, I may see if I can't work in some tan, as well.

Pix to come!

Specs:

pattern: x844 with mods

material: real leather

palm: real leather

1/2" longer cuff, extra padding on fingers and thumb, "Bunnyman" embroidered on cuff. White assembly thread, black binding, natural leather gussets. Eagle branding on cuff roll and Eagle head burnt into the leather.

They are not "ready to play" out of the box. They are a fair bit stiffer than any glove I have ever played with. I didn't play with leather back in the day; I had nylon, then cable-knit outer shells, but with leather palms. I am wearing them whilst watching tele to break them in. They will not come out every single game, more than likely. But I can tell these will be with me for a few years.

I chose a nice, stiff glove. You can get a more ready-to-play glove with cable-knit, as well as other softer materials. MHS is their performance palm, but you can spec a leather palm. E mailing the production manager, other palms may be available.

If you are looking for a pair of totally custom, North American made hockey gloves, Eagle is your ticket. Warrior is also making gloves in Canada, but only have a few options and Portofino Leather (not real leather). Eagle has a variety of materials and designs, will make a pair of discontinued gloves, and will work with you on every little detail. While I am certain Warrior will work with you, I feel that Eagle has superior customer service.

If custom is what you need, Gus (the production manager) will lead you in the right path to get your custom gloves going.

www.eaglehockey.com