Hawks-Stars tomorrow night

Chicago Hawkie

@Chicago Hawkie  The Hawks have been struggling of late, that all ends tomorrow night. I'm assuming the kid Raanta will be in net, think Crawford will still be out with his injury (didn't hear what it was, is it serious?). For the first time tomorrow, Raanta will get a shut out...yes, you heard it here first. It will be a 3-0 Hawks win, with Sharp scoring the game winner on a long slap shot. Also scoring with be Towes and Shaw. Lentionen let's in 3 goals on 30 shots, stopping 27. We will see how close I am.....lol.

• Like 1

@jammer2

I hope your prediction will be right on!  :D

From what I've heard (which is not much since I only caught bits and pieces of the sportscast since coming home from work followed by a "detour" to the local pub afterward for a dinner and beer), Crow will be out about 3-5 weeks.  I think he pulled or strained something ... hip flexor, perhaps?  Or something similar.

@jammer2 @Chicago Hawkie  I've posted the article on Crow's injury in another of Hawkie's threads, but here it is jammer. Seems to be another goalie groin injury...damn those!  Seems endemic these days!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-1210-blackhawks-crawford-20131210,0,7406550.story

Hmm, jammer, I'd love to see Raanta get the shutout tonite (esp since Eddie Lack got his 1st NHL SO last nite vs the Canes, in his 1st home opener! Woo hoo!), but with the Seguin kid on his recent tear, I dunno...he could be feelin' cocky & on a roll....wouldn't wanna see it against the Hawks, but I do like to watch the kid, admittedly! 

But, I do predict a win for CHI...would love to see Kaner & Toewes show up tonite on the board too! 

Hawkie, I wonder if they'll play Bickell yet tonite? (He skated on Sunday).

• Like 1

Thanks, Hawkie!  WOO HOOOO!!!  KANERRRRR!!!  NIIIIIICE BACKHAND PAST LEHTONEN'S GLOVE! Not an easy feat either as Lehtonen's been so stellar...he even nearly made that save, stret-t-t-ching right across the crease!  Love watching this kinda hockey, Hawkie! Lol!   

Sooo, 2-0 right now...this is gonna be a goood one!  :P

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

That was awwwwwwwwwesommmmmmme!  :D   To borrow quotes from Chicago Bulls color commentator/broadcaster Stacey King and tweaking them a bit ...

"Did you NOT get the memo?!  Kaner can go upstairs (e.g. on a breakaway)!" and "Stop it!  Stop!  Don't do him like that, Kaner!".  That is how he would sound if he did Hawks games.

By the way ... it looks like Antoine Roussel is looking for another throwdown!  That guy certainly does not like the Hawks.  :lol:

Edited by Chicago Hawkie

Saad and Sharp have two goals each in a rout after two

That's 3 goals in 4 games for Saad, I believe, and Sharp is playing quite sharp indeed.  Could the Hawks end up with double digits?  That would be great!  :D

With this game being a blowout, it also has the potential to get quite nasty, particularly with Roussel taking runs at anyone wearing a Hawks jersey ...

Edited by Chicago Hawkie

@Chicago Hawkie  Best of luck tomorrow, your Hawks play the Flyers. Assuming there is no 3rd period collapse with Raanta, I wonder if Quenville starts him back to back?  I have this dreadful feelings the Black Hawks are gonna lay a monumental beat down on the Flyers. This could get downright ugly, something like 7-3 Hawks.

If you have not been in chat for a game, you should go and try it out during the Hawks/Flyers game. It's a good time, lot of funny posters in there. I'm gonna have to record it on my DVR, working 6pm to 6am.

• Like 1

Hawks win, 6-2

The Hawks win this one 6-2.  Raanta had a good game in net.  This game could have gotten out of control with the way Antoine Roussel was running around.

Hawks color analyst Ed Olczyk suggested paying back Roussel's running at Toews and Kane by running at the Stars' top players rather than throwing down with Roussel.  I'm not sure I agree with Eddie O on that.  If a player on an opposing team is taking runs at top players, why should the Hawks go down to that level?

@jammer2

"If you have not been in chat for a game, you should go and try it out during the Hawks/Flyers game. It's a good time, lot of funny posters in there."

I'll have to try that out.  :)   I wish I could watch all of the game tomorrow night but I have to get up early for work the next day (My hours are 7:00AM to 3:30PM).

I have a hunch the game will be closer ... if the Hawks win, it will probably by more like 3-1 IMO.

I'm looking forward to it!  :D

Roussel is gonna get flattened like a pancake by Bickell, can't wait to watch that!  The Hawks brought their championship game tonite! Unbelievable to watch..topped the Stars in every category. It was like watching an NHL team vs AHL team.  And as a bonus-- Raanta did the SPLITS near the end of the 3rd to make a save! Woah!!  I am kinda surprised Seguin didn't score though he came close a couple times. All I can say is, I'm glad that wasn't the Nucks tonite...though our time is COMIN' SOON!!   :(

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

What a game that was!  :D   I think we have one more game against Dallas in Chicago, where ROussel will hopefully get his comeuppance.

"All I can say is, I'm glad that wasn't the Nucks tonite...though our time is COMIN' SOON!!   :("

You're making the Hawks sound like the Grim Reaper ... maybe Raanta should design his goalie mask to look like the Grim Reaper?  ;)

You're making the Hawks sound like the Grim Reaper ... maybe Raanta should design his goalie mask to look like the Grim Reaper? 

Well, when it comes to the Nuckleheads, you guys may as well BE the Grim Reaper, snatching us out of any hopes of a playoff spot (tho I think we're doing that to ourselves already!).... :blink: ......Na na na na, hey hey hey, GOOD-BYYYE!!