Next....!

WingNut722

So says Ken Holland on his big red hotline to Grand Rapids.  Need another body!  

Johan Franzen's out for Tuesday against Anaheim and likely longer as he goes through concussion protocols from last nights head hit in tge game against Tampa Bay.  Riley Sheahan has gotten the nod to join the big club. Although lately, it may not feel much different with the exception of the color uniform he'll be wearing, what with all the other call-ups the Red Wings have made this season to deal with injuries.  

The interesting thing is that, with Henrik Zetterberg (and his $6.08MM salary) on LTIR, the Red Wings have plenty of money in the bank to pay for all these extra forwards.

Here's hoping the rest of the veterans step up to their full potential to help make up the difference and win some games.  It's now or never for guys like Dan Cleary and Mikael Samuelsson.  I'm quite certain their future with this club will be based very heavily on their contributions over the course of this month (Winter Classic excluded).

@yave1964  Don't forget Abdelakder and DeKeyser too!  But, no deals just yet.  Holland (I hope) is still trying to make a shrewd play to get rid of Quincy.  He needs to keep playing close to the vest so he doesn't lose any foothold.  He knows Quincy doesn't get much on the market so he can't let the others think he's in need.  Otherwise the tables will turn.  I'm surprised they haven't announced a timetable for Abdelkader yet, or even Weiss.  Zetterberg, Helm and Dekeyser are all due back in time for the Winter Classic.  But no real word on the others.  

As I say though, it's time to step up.  There's more than enough scoring talent on that team to take a few games between now and then.  Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Kronwall, Cleary, Tatar, Nyquist...hell even Samuelsson have all been know to score and score well.  It's time to make it happen.  No more excuses, no more leaving anything on the table.  Forget the HBO cameras.  Let's get back to basics...a good palce to start would be 40+ shots on the Ducks tonight.  Overwhelm them with pucks.   

@WingNut722

Weiss has set Christmas for a return date, both Franzen and Abdelkader are on the concussion protocol but it looks like short term.... We need everyone back asap before this thing gets away from us, thank GOD we are in the (L)East this season or we would be in big trouble.....

@yave1964

I can't imagine being in the West with this going on.  39 points would put us in the bottom half of both Western divisions.  I also have been seeing some mutterings (though nothing official) that Gustav Nyquist did not participate in this morning's skate.  This is an epidemic...........