Darren McCarty writes a book

yave1964

Darren McCarty has just brought a book out, talking about his Stanley Cup winning years with the Wings, his famous battle with the vilest human being who ever lived, Claude Freaking Lemieux, his battle with addictions and subsequent divorce.

On Lemieux and his famous fight, avenging Kris Draper, he said

Even though I fought close to 200 times during my professional hockey career, it’s fair to say that I brought more intensity and anger to the Lemieux confrontation than any bout I ever had.

Years later, Lemieux told me that the first blow I delivered was the hardest punch he ever received. During my career, there were other times when I wanted to pound the **** out of an opponent, but I’d never wanted to hurt anyone as I wanted to hurt Lemieux.

I will have to read the book. I have never had much use for players who drink and drug their careers away and it is going to be difficult for me to lay down the hard earned shekels but I am going to do it anyway, it is the greatest era of the greatest Wings team so I just gotta do it. Plus reading about Lemieux turtling and subsequently getting popped in the face never gets tiring for me. 

• 2 weeks later...