1st Meeting with the Devils @ the Verizon Center(12/21/13)

Sin Bin

This is the first of four games. The Devils won two of three last season, with the Capitals triumphant in the second of two straight at Verizon Center over three days in February. Hopefully the Capitals can keep up there winning ways winning back to back contests and taking this first game of the year versus the Devils. Players to watch for the Caps are Alexander Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Can they continue their magic together on back to back nights. Probable Goalies are Holtby and Brodeur.

My prediction: Capitals 3

Devils 2

Edited by Sin Bin

The Capitals usually play goog at home however Holtby has been a sieve for my fhl team. The devils are struggling with a couple of injuries so I agree the Caps win this rather easily.

Capitals 4

Devils 1

Holtby settles down a bit and only allows the one goal in the 1st period. Hopefully the Caps can get by Marty Brodeur as he looks like he is on his game tonight. Shots on goal in the 1st period is: Capitals-10 and the Devils-7 shots.

Yah I also can't believe how good Jagr still is either, imagine the level of conditioning in order to keep up! He can come out of nowhere & still work the magic. Ovy with his 30th? That is un-bloody-believable! Esp when so many are still on just their 6th & 7th goals right now...lol.  This match-up was a real upset in our Pick 'Em tonite, 99% of us chose the Caps for the win!  :P