Hawks-Wings tomorrow night in family rivalry!

Chicago Hawkie

I'm really looking forward to this one!  :D   We have two Original Six teams matching up, and better yet, I get a chance to stick it to my family back in Michigan if the Hawks win (This is really what cell phones are for!)!  :lol:

The Hawks look to have edged out of their slide earlier this month with wins against Anaheim and Boston, while the Wings (as they seemingly have every season since 2008-09) have struggled with injuries throughout much of the season.

So ... what will happen tomorrow night?  My dad and I will make a bet on this game that when one of us visits the other and we eat out for dinner, the loser has to pay the tab.  Will I get my fill, or get left with the bill?  :lol:  

We will see ...

Edited by Chicago Hawkie
  • Like 1

As a Wings fan, I am hoping that the Hawks do not start Crawford tonight. Actually, I would like them to bypass Raanta as well, and maybe skip right past the injured Khabibulin. Looking their system through, I would like to see them bypass the netminders in the AHL and even the Toledo Walleye goalies as well.

In truth for the Wings to have a good shot tonight, I think the Hawks should be forced to sign and play Darren Pang tonight.

Panger is usually at the games doing the 'between the glass' segments, he was an okay goalie in the 80's, nothing special but with all of the Wings injuries and the Hawks talent level would have to be considered even money in net.

If he is unable to go due to a prior commitment, I think maybe Tony Esposito would do.

• Like 1

@yave1964

"As a Wings fan, I am hoping that the Hawks do not start Crawford tonight. Actually, I would like them to bypass Raanta as well, and maybe skip right past the injured Khabibulin. Looking their system through, I would like to see them bypass the netminders in the AHL and even the Toledo Walleye goalies as well."

Sorry ... not happening!  :lol:   I do think Crow is due for a day off, though.  It would be nice to see Pang in net for this one, though ... :lol:

I wish I didn't have to work tomorow so I could stay up and watch all of this instead of having to DVR half of it and try my best to avoid the workplace score-spoilers. 

@yave1964

I dunno yave, the Wings generally manage to play well on national TV especially against their favorited rivals.  Great game thus far from both teams.  

Keith and Seabrook have a combined +45, I guess it won't matter which goalie starts.   ;)