Hawks-Kings tomorrow night

Chicago Hawkie

The series winner has already been crowned, since the Blackhawks have won both games thus far this season.  In the first game, Antti Raanta nearly had a shutout against the Kings.  In the second game, Raanta did get a shutout, 1-0.

Back then, the Kings were being discussed as perhaps a Western Conference finals contender, but as much as the Hawks have struggled this last month, the Kings have struggled even more, going 2-7-1 in their last 10 games.

@jammer2

I'm not really sure, to be honest.  Maybe.  The Hawks did not face Quick in either game this season, and at the time, LA was doing well except when it came to scoring vs. the Hawks.  I'll have to listen closely when I watch the game tomorrow off the DVR after I get home from work.  That's very interesting if the Kings' struglgles coincided with Quick's return ...

Patrick Kane honored his late grandfather with 2 goals and an assist in this one to crown the Kings 5-3.  Kane found out about his grandfather's passing away just hours before this game.

Also, the Hawks may have ended their struggles (just one win in 6 games) but extended the Kings' struggles.

However, it doesn't get easier for the Hawks, who meet Anaheim tonight.