Brian Trottier on board. But what do I really want this year?

Buffalo Rick

I have posted on several other forums that it makes no sense to win this year in light of having 3 number one picks in what is considered the deepest draft in a long time.  I mean, why in God's name would we want to win?  We probably wont anyway, but we have make sure we are in the bottom 2 or 3 and I am sure Ted Nolan is not thinking like this at all.  Well, I am.  Having the Islanders pick is huge because just in case Nolan outdoes himself and somehow gets this team in, we may not be totally screwed because we may be able to count on the Islanders to suck for us.  I am not buying into some posters here saying they are going to be a good team.  Hogwash.  The Islanders will finish dead last again.  Count on it.  And if that is what we need to land McDavid or the other stud, Eichel or something like that, so be it.   Having Trotts will help us going forward no doubt.  That was a good  move.  He is a smart hockey guy.  This is a year that the Bills will be better than the Sabres no doubt.  At least my baseball team is back where they belong

The Islanders may have a good squad this year. Not SC Champions, but possible playoff team. Adding Halak and Johnson could prove to be a solid tandem. Outside of that they, have so/so forwards and so/so defenders. I can see them doing well. I would not expect the #1 or #2 overall pick being the Islanders pick that the Sabres now own. However, stranger things could happen in the NHL.

Should make for an interesting year for the Sabres. With all the picks they have, I would expect a roster move for some of those picks. 

October hurry up and get here. 

How's the summer going Rick?

Edited by Bertmega
  • Like 1

The Islanders may have a good squad this year. Not SC Champions, but possible playoff team. Adding Halak and Johnson could prove to be a solid tandem. Outside of that they, have so/so forwards and so/so defenders. I can see them doing well. I would not expect the #1 or #2 overall pick being the Islanders pick that the Sabres now own. However, stranger things could happen in the NHL.

Should make for an interesting year for the Sabres. With all the picks they have, I would expect a roster move for some of those picks. 

October hurry up and get here. 

How's the summer going Rick?

It is great because of my Orioles but it sucks in other ways.  Long story