Flyers vs NYR @ 1pm today

jammer2

It reeks of over-management and a SEVERE lack of a long term plan. That is the *real* problem with Homer....his lack of a long term plan. Gm'ing by the seat of your pants is a guaranteed way to screw things up. You might make some forward progress, but the end result will always be golfing. Mark down Snider as a HUGE part of the problem, there is no doubt he forced Homer into some of these brutal decisions, how much...we will never know, but it's fair to assume that he was the primary source behind the Bryz signing.....gag.

I stated before and will once more. Homer never had a plan to start with. He just goes by what Ed wants and Ed just wants a competitive team to just make the playoffs and to fill his pocket with the $$$$. He just hopes the team catches a break and win a Cup in any of the years. He almost got his wish a few years ago, it's a shame but we a suffering from that mentality.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pilldoc

@brelic

@jammer2

I agree with you guys.  Impatience has always been a mark of The Old Man.  But again, someone just needs to explain to me how Mini signs Jason Pminville, who is 32, in prime of his career, and a perennial 60-point player to just $5.6 mil, and the Flyers sign RJ Umberger to $4.6 mil and 3 years and VLC to $4.5 mil and 5 years... both of whom are shot players and simply cannot contribute at this point in their careers.  Pominville is signed through 2019, so by the time his contract is up, he will be 37.  Of course anything can happen between now and then, but at least the chances of something going badly are much lower with a player who is younger and is in good health than the players who are older and are practically done *even* at teh time they are being signed, not to mention when their contracts will be expiring.

See, to me this is different from lack of patience.  This is just inexcusable management.  I start to wonder if the Flyers even know what scouting is and if they do, how effective the job they are doing.

@Mad Dog

The flyers didn't sign RJ, they traded Hartnell for him because he had a shorter contract. I am wondering if we can pay a low payroll team a 3rd or 4th rd pick while retaining $2 mil in salary for the rest of his contract to take him off our hands. I like this option more then buying him out. VLC can sit in the rafters for the rest of his contract.

Archived