Top 20 Best Players Of All Time

JagerMeister

My List

1. Gretzky: Really no need explaining for this one, he owns 61 records for christ sake!!!

2. Howe: Top 5 in hart voting for 20 years, played until he was 51 and arguably the most complete player of all time

3. Orr: Had he not had a short career he would probably be ahead of Howe and possibly Gretzky, arguably the most complete player of all time, 2 art ross trophies, 3 Harts, 7 norris trophies.

4. Lemieux: only one who could match gretzky when he was at his best, unfortunately he didnt sustain his greatness as long as Gretzky

5. Hull: The greatest goal scorer of all time imo, if he didnt leave the WHL who knows how many more goals he would have. He had 50 goals in 1961 when the next player had 25, and thats only one of his seasons where he had far more goals then the next player.

6. Beliveau: everything you want in a player, great passer, scorer, leader. He has the most stanley cups in his name.

7. Richard: No ones legacy was greater then richards, first player to score 50 goals in 50 games

8. Bourque: second best dman to Orr IMO, top 5 for the Norris trophy for 14 years, He maintained his greatness as a dman the longest, top ten in Norris trophy voting for the years he didnt wina Norris

9. Hasek: Greatest peak for a goalie of all time, winning the Hart as a goaltender is rare, and he did it 2 times along with 6 vezina trophies and he was competing with Roy and Brodeur.

10. Roy: 3 Vezina trophies, But he was even better in the playoffs, 3 Conn Smythes, thats the most of ANY player in NHL history

11. Plante: most vezina trophies as a goaltender

12. Morenz: was the greatest player before the 50s, the Gretzky of his era, he has the highest adjusted single point season which is 190

13. Shore: 4 harts as a defenseman and probably would have won a shitload of norris trophies if it was invented during his time

14. Lidstrom: Only Orr had more norris trophies, and was good for a very long time

15. Harvey: Tied with Lidstrom for second most Norris trophies, usually considered the best stay at home dman of all time

16. Mikita: second best player to Hull during his time period, 4 art ross trophies and 2 Harts

17. Sawchuk: 4 vezina trophies and had to compete with Plante

18. Messier: won Harts over players like Gretzky and Lemieux, was like Howe but didnt sustain his greatness as long

19. Lafleur: one of the best playoff performers of all time, and six 100 or more point seasons

20. Bossy: nine seasons of 50 or more goals, 7 seasons of 100 point or more points and his playoff numbers are astonishing

HM

Sakic: One of the best clutch performers of all time, great leader, great offensively and defensively but didnt quite make the cut

Trottier: it was between bossy and him for the 20th spot, but trottiers playoff record was average for a player of his calibre

Yzerman: from one dimensional point producer to great two way player, his 155 five point season is third best of all time

Potvin: this guy was scary asf

Jagr: really wanted to put him in my list, but he has to be one of the most laziest players when playing defense. Wasnt as dominant as Lafleur or Bossy when postseason came.

So yeah, thats my list. whats yours? and what do you think of mine? any players i left off? Anything you disagree about in my list?

Archived