Shattenkirk now week to week. due to have abdominal surgery

pilldoc

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kevin-shattenkirk--week-to-week--with-abdominal-injury-004917925.html

The St. Louis blueline is about to get a test.

All-Star defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk is out indefinitely after suffering an injury that will require abdominal surgery according to the Blues. The team said Shattenkirk will have surgery at some point in the next seven-to-10 days and then he will be ‘week-to-week.’ Incredibly vague NHL injury report? DRINK!

The injury occurred on this play in Sunday’s game against the Washington Capitals on a hit by Alex Ovechkin.

062613_shattenkirk.jpg

HUGE loss. The man is having an under the radar lights out season, among the best of anyone on the back end of the game. Pietrangelo has been meh, (for him) and Bouwmeester has been just plain bad. If Shatty is out for a length of time, I don't know who is gonna step up. Still, not season ending but winning the division is a must.

Lets face it, Nashville, St. Louis and Chicago are bunched together, the division winner draws someone like Calgary or Dallas, the other two wind up playing each other.  Every point matters. The fact that the Blues, without Berglund and Lehtera who lost Shattenkirk and then Backes still defeated the Capitals the other day speaks volumes.

Off subject, but I have been watching more Blues games this year because of Taresenko, Schwartz and Lehtera, I am sick to death of three to five times a game seeing Brodeur in the press box and the announcers talking about how he is an assistant to the GM. Who cares???

Archived