Anyone know what's going on with Eller?

asinc8321

I've been hearing a lot of rumours about Eller. Is he staying, going? Being a lifetime Habs fan, I have to say that this season, I am not a satisfied with his performance. Last year, towards the end of the season, he was amazing. Now, I don't think that he is up to par. I wanted to get some of you guy's insight on what you think is going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I love Eller and the way he plays, but he does definitely need to step it up. 

If anyone could give me some information, that would be great. Thanks. 

@asinc8321  Welcome!  The troubling thing about Eller is his stats are reducing at at time when he should be entering his prime. He's 25 and his pts have gone down the past few years, 30 being his high 2 full seasons ago. It may just be time to believe that he will never turn into the offensive force many projected him to be...he seems more and more like a decent sized 3rd liner. He is very tradeable though, his contract is a good bargain and he's signed for 3 more years (at least I think, to lazy to look it up....lol). If you packaged him, say with Tokarski you could fetch a decent return.

Yeah, I definitely agree. I mean, I'm pretty sure he's been on the block for months. After trying to do more research and look more into it, it looks like he isn't going to be with the Canadians forever. I do think that pairing him with another would get us a great trade. 

Archived