Lehner PLUS Legwand/Greening

ScottM

robin_lehner_ottawa.jpg

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/22/seantors-gm-looking-to-deal-in-vegas?token=d5c2ee08946b69edba3feeb4eca37325

According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, a trade involving Robin Lehner may also include David Legwand or Colin Greening. From the Sens' perspective, this obviously makes a lot of sense, because it would free up some cap space. If I'm looking at it from the other side, I think I'd rather take Legwand than Greening. Legwand at least has the ability to offer veteran leadership. Greening on the other hand, had only a single goal in 26 games. His trajectory is obviously downward over the last couple of seasons. Something tells me we're probably stuck with Greening.

As for what he wants in return, Murray is still talking about a forward, but there is talk that he might be willing to take a veteran defenseman instead. If the rumors that Edmonton is the frontrunner for Lehner prove true, I don't see a defenseman coming. Would a trade with Edmonton that involves Legwand or Greening make sense at all? If not, does Ottawa go to Calgary, Dallas, or somewhere else? If they make a deal with one of the teams I mentioned, a forward still seems more likely in return. (Honestly, I don't want anything to do with Dallas's defense.)

• 2 weeks later...

robin_lehner_ottawa.jpg

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/22/seantors-gm-looking-to-deal-in-vegas?token=d5c2ee08946b69edba3feeb4eca37325

According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, a trade involving Robin Lehner may also include David Legwand or Colin Greening. From the Sens' perspective, this obviously makes a lot of sense, because it would free up some cap space. If I'm looking at it from the other side, I think I'd rather take Legwand than Greening. Legwand at least has the ability to offer veteran leadership. Greening on the other hand, had only a single goal in 26 games. His trajectory is obviously downward over the last couple of seasons. Something tells me we're probably stuck with Greening.

As for what he wants in return, Murray is still talking about a forward, but there is talk that he might be willing to take a veteran defenseman instead. If the rumors that Edmonton is the frontrunner for Lehner prove true, I don't see a defenseman coming. Would a trade with Edmonton that involves Legwand or Greening make sense at all? If not, does Ottawa go to Calgary, Dallas, or somewhere else? If they make a deal with one of the teams I mentioned, a forward still seems more likely in return. (Honestly, I don't want anything to do with Dallas's defense.)

316lth3.jpg

Archived