Jump to content

Stamkos to play game 7


Recommended Posts

Steven Stamkos to play game 7 tonight vs Pittsburgh. 


Stamkos has not played since March 31 after being diagnosed with a blood clot. Just a few weeks ago, there was a 95% chance Stamkos would not play in the playoffs this season. I guess when you need a spark 5% is larger than it seems!


Stamkos will probably play very few minutes due to conditioning. However if he looks good he could be back to top line production. 


Will this possibly be Stamkos's last game in a Tampa uniform and does this cause another issue with Drouin?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

My understanding is his conditioning was superb as he's been working out religiously.  His limited ice time was out of concern for clotting and the risk of a stroke.  Personally I thought it foolish he even suited up unless they were as sure as they could be there was no risk to his life.  The Bolts were outplayed in all but a few periods this entire series.  Vasilevskiy was your difference maker.  Risking his life for a single game, as important as it was, just seems too risky to me.  I can only assume the docs felt it safe.  At least I hope so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...