Sharks Lines in 2016-27

no1sjsharksfan

I thought I would give the Sharks lines a quick shot. Keep in mind that these lines change frequently. This is just my stab at the opening night lineup.

Here are the forwards who will or might make the team:

1. Thornton C
  2. Pavelski C/RW
  3. Couture C
  4. Donckoi RW
  5. Hertl C/LW
  6. Ward RW/C
  7. Marleau LW/C
  8. Boedker LW
  9. Karlsson RW/C/LW
  10. Nieto LW
  11. Wingels RW
  12. Tierney C
  13. Haley C/LW
  14. Sorensen RW
  15. Meier RW/LW
  16. Goldobin LW
  17. Chartier C
  18. Goodrow RW

Let's get the easy parts over quick: Thornton and Pavelski will be together. Couture will center the second line.

Haley will bounce up and down from the Barracuda. Sorensen is a wild card. Doubt he will be another Donskoi this year. Good potential though. Goldobin probably won't make the team this year, but could be the replacement for Marleau next summer. Goodrow sure looked good in the AHL last year.

It's easy to go with the classic Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski line, but I think the SCF showed that that line could use some speed on it. It's also tempting to put Timo Meier with the big guns. I think he would be better suited with Couture and Donskoi myself. A third line of Marleau-Hertl-Ward would be a very solid third line. That would mean that Boedker would make the first line (legitimately possible) and Tierney would once again center the fourth line (hopefully not). You have to imagine that Melker Karlsson is going to get a good look in camp after his strong SCF. Unfortunately, there are just too many right wings on the team for that.

Here's my first thought:

Boedker-Thornton-Pavelski

Meier-Couture-Donskoi

Marleau-Hertl-Ward

Nieto-Tierney-Karlsson

(Wingles, Goodrow)

This is assuming Meier makes the team out of camp. Let's say he doesn't:

Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski

Boedker-Couture-Donskoi

Marleau-Tierney-Ward

Neito-Chartier-Karlsson

(Wingels, Goodrow)

Okay, defense. This is much easier. Martin-Burns and Vlasic-Braun are locks. You would have to image that Schlemko and Dillon are together on the third pair. Then DeMelo is the seventh defenseman?

Martin-Burns

Vlasic-Braun

Dillon-Schlemko

(DeMelo)

And goalies? Well it's all about the backup. The FA market is dry now, so the best AHL goalie: Aaron Dell.

Jones 

Dell

Thoughts?

38 minutes ago, no1sjsharksfan said:

I thought I would give the Sharks lines a quick shot. Keep in mind that these lines change frequently. This is just my stab at the opening night lineup.

Here are the forwards who will or might make the team:

1. Thornton C
  2. Pavelski C/RW
  3. Couture C
  4. Donckoi RW
  5. Hertl C/LW
  6. Ward RW/C
  7. Marleau LW/C
  8. Boedker LW
  9. Karlsson RW/C/LW
  10. Nieto LW
  11. Wingels RW
  12. Tierney C
  13. Haley C/LW
  14. Sorensen RW
  15. Meier RW/LW
  16. Goldobin LW
  17. Chartier C
  18. Goodrow RW

Let's get the easy parts over quick: Thornton and Pavelski will be together. Couture will center the second line.

Haley will bounce up and down from the Barracuda. Sorensen is a wild card. Doubt he will be another Donskoi this year. Good potential though. Goldobin probably won't make the team this year, but could be the replacement for Marleau next summer. Goodrow sure looked good in the AHL last year.

It's easy to go with the classic Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski line, but I think the SCF showed that that line could use some speed on it. It's also tempting to put Timo Meier with the big guns. I think he would be better suited with Couture and Donskoi myself. A third line of Marleau-Hertl-Ward would be a very solid third line. That would mean that Boedker would make the first line (legitimately possible) and Tierney would once again center the fourth line (hopefully not). You have to imagine that Melker Karlsson is going to get a good look in camp after his strong SCF. Unfortunately, there are just too many right wings on the team for that.

Here's my first thought:

Boedker-Thornton-Pavelski

Meier-Couture-Donskoi

Marleau-Hertl-Ward

Nieto-Tierney-Karlsson

(Wingles, Goodrow)

This is assuming Meier makes the team out of camp. Let's say he doesn't:

Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski

Boedker-Couture-Donskoi

Marleau-Tierney-Ward

Neito-Chartier-Karlsson

(Wingels, Goodrow)

Okay, defense. This is much easier. Martin-Burns and Vlasic-Braun are locks. You would have to image that Schlemko and Dillon are together on the third pair. Then DeMelo is the seventh defenseman?

Martin-Burns

Vlasic-Braun

Dillon-Schlemko

(DeMelo)

And goalies? Well it's all about the backup. The FA market is dry now, so the best AHL goalie: Aaron Dell.

Jones 

Dell

Thoughts?

Meier just missed making the team last year Deboer said, so I would say he has the best odds of making it.

Boedker I like for his speed, but the guy is a possession sinker and only produces on the PP. Thornton/Pavelski are fairly slow as first lines go, so I don't see a fit. Beastly possession line should keep Hertl.

Couture is a possibility, as Donskoi at least could keep up with Boedker(Cooter can't). However........Boedker on the 3rd line with Marleau......That I like. Both are blazing fast and Ward helps possession by being Mr Boards.

Leaves a spot on Couture's wing for Meier. Big Power prototypical with youth seems to fit there and adds muscle to the line.

Nieto is an odd duck out. He won't supplant Karlsson or Wingels because he seems to have hit a wall and just doesn't jive with Deboer's system

6 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Meier just missed making the team last year Deboer said, so I would say he has the best odds of making it.

Boedker I like for his speed, but the guy is a possession sinker and only produces on the PP. Thornton/Pavelski are fairly slow as first lines go, so I don't see a fit. Beastly possession line should keep Hertl.

Couture is a possibility, as Donskoi at least could keep up with Boedker(Cooter can't). However........Boedker on the 3rd line with Marleau......That I like. Both are blazing fast and Ward helps possession by being Mr Boards.

Leaves a spot on Couture's wing for Meier. Big Power prototypical with youth seems to fit there and adds muscle to the line.

Nieto is an odd duck out. He won't supplant Karlsson or Wingels because he seems to have hit a wall and just doesn't jive with Deboer's system

But Boedker adds speed to the top line. All three forwards on a line don't have to be the same speed. Pavelski is faster than Thornton. Marleau has been faster than Couture since before Couture was in junior. I could see him up there. Could playing with superstar players actually improve his numbers and play? I think they could.

I agree with the thought on Nieto. Good potential, still not living up to it.

Archived