Jack is Back!!!!!!! In a big way!!!!!

Buffalo Rick

Jack Eichel is everything we wanted him to be so far.  He just buried the Rangers with two fast goals and scored in his first game two goals.  4 goals in two games!  Sabres back to 500 and beat one of the best teams in the league.   I see no reason why we cannot compete for a playoff seed.   Time will tell.  We are no worse than a year away if not this year.  But this year is possible

Not sure one man has made such a difference, Hasek not counted, since Perrault?  When we had Perrault we were very dependent on him.  He made us a playoff team.  Eichel has the same potential.  Now last night Boston was able to shut him down.  This is a team that is now defense first.  It has saved Julien's job.  I did not think they were really capable of it?  I did not see the entire game but I hear the slow start killed us.  I hear we outplayed them big time in the 2nd and 3rd periods.  Just could not break through.  Boston will not be able to continue this nigh in and night out IMO.  Not good enough on personal side f things.  We actually had owned the Bruins for several years.  The pendulum has swung in their favor the last 3.  Its time to turn it around and Jack and guys like O'Reilly and Kane and Ristolainen and Reinhart must pick it up.  Maybe some of these young guys that are getting a shot from Rochester can make an impact.  I like how Bylsma is giving many young guys a shot at the NHL level.  WE are not tearing up the place but we are keeping our heads above water.  Staying right around the 500 mark.  But we need to get a streak together if we want any chance to make the playoffs.  Its a long shot this year, especially since the Blue Jackets are for sure one team that usually do not get in and are pretty much a LOCK now.

Archived