NHL teams in Cleveland or Cincinnati?

notfondajane

16 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Florida Panthers or Carolina Hurricanes.

(As in relocate.) :)

Columbus Blue Jackets: $226 million

Carolina Hurricanes: $225 million

Arizona Coyotes: $220 million

Florida Panthers: $186 million

Are the bottom 4 teams, send them to cities that want teams.

12 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

As an interesting game, let's see how many teams we can pretend to add to the NHL, and arrange the divisions accordingly. :)

The reason it's interesting is because we can study the logistics of having a league with a large number of teams. I'm guessing we will probably discover that there's a limit at some point where the teams can no longer play a reasonable or balanced schedule and have a long enough playoff to eliminate everyone within the confines of even a full calendar year of hockey. 

Also, let's not forget our neighbours across the pond! We need to add Moscow, Stockholm, Berlin, etc....  (setting up a European conference of course)....

If the NHL had 60 teams let's say, it's reasonable to assume that the league would have to divide into two conferences of 30 teams that only play within their own conference. To play every team in the other conference would mean an end to any division rivalries because you could play teams in your own division at most twice or three times in a season. 

60 teams? Ouch!  I severely doubt that will happen! 32 is a bit much! I like it better when there was 16 teams! (I know there is 30 and 31 starting next year!)

Archived