Player Development Dysfunction

flyer4ever

On 2/6/2017 at 2:19 PM, murraycraven said:

This has always been my #1 issue with the "Plan."  Building through the draft is great and I am all on board but constantly being stuck in mediocrity makes the plan that much harder.   You are betting on hitting on most prospects in the draft which is pretty risky. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly which is why I posted that they need to "tank" and sell off as many players as they can. I don't care if they finish 15th as long as that garners them a great draft pick, a top-flight player who will actually make a difference. Look at the Leafs and Sabres; those teams tanked and acquired top tier talent and a core that puts them in a position to get dramatically better in the next few years. While the Flyers have intriguing d-prospects, the Flyers organization is sorely lacking top 6 forward prospects which is why we are left with countless bottom six forwards filling out the roster.

We can't compete with the Pens, Rangers and other elite teams because our talent is not good enough while those said teams seem to be able to add talent every year. The Flyers...add guys like Weisse and Gordon, while re-upping Read, Raffl, Schenn and Couturier. Sadly, none of those players have helped the team dramatically improve. Rather, they have kept the team mired in mediocrity.

The team badly needs an infusion of dynamic talent!

5 hours ago, caluso said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly which is why I posted that they need to "tank" and sell off as many players as they can. I don't care if they finish 15th as long as that garners them a great draft pick, a top-flight player who will actually make a difference. Look at the Leafs and Sabres; those teams tanked and acquired top tier talent and a core that puts them in a position to get dramatically better in the next few years. While the Flyers have intriguing d-prospects, the Flyers organization is sorely lacking top 6 forward prospects which is why we are left with countless bottom six forwards filling out the roster.

We can't compete with the Pens, Rangers and other elite teams because our talent is not good enough while those said teams seem to be able to add talent every year. The Flyers...add guys like Weisse and Gordon, while re-upping Read, Raffl, Schenn and Couturier. Sadly, none of those players have helped the team dramatically improve. Rather, they have kept the team mired in mediocrity.

The team badly needs an infusion of dynamic talent!

I agree caluso...

The more I think about this the more I appear to get confused about where this all ends up.   I don't think it is fair to blame everything on Hak just like I don't believe everything that ills this team is on the goalies.   We need an infusion of talent to support the top 6.  Frankly, I would love to get some top talent but I really dont see Hexy making any trades.    This Team is bad on the bottom 6 and a patch-work on the top 6.   Defense... well we all know where that stands...

great post...

Archived