Promising team are the Sabres but the goaltending ?

Buffalo Rick

I am impressed with the work Bylsma has done and even Evander Kane is rising to the occasion.  I just wonder if these goalies are in their long term plans.  I think NOT>  I hope NOT.  I am not happy with the goaltending , as I have been spoiled for some 40 years with the likes of Hasek, Miller and Donnie Edwards and Sauve.  Lehner has recently proven he is the number one guy.  He does not let in as many stinkers as Nillson.  But I would not think twice if I could get Miller back or land a proven guy.  Finding a goalie is like finding a QB I guess.  Unless you get lucky, like we did with Hasek.  The Sabres have had good goaltending in most of their history.  At least since 1980.  The team has done well.  They do not quit. There were a couple of call ups from Rochester this morning.  I am not sure who will crack the lineup tonight.  The big guns should give the Ducks all they can handle.  I wish i could get  a comment from this coach on his opinion of the goaltending?  And that of Murray and what his intentions are moving forward?  If they can put  a streak together which seems almost impossible, they could make a run at the 8 seed.  They are only 5 points out and have games in hand on a few teams.  They win one of two and then lose one or two.  That is not gong to cut it.  We have to put a streak together and I feel the next few games it could happen.  Ottawa has not beaten us all year.  We just beat them 5-0 and they are on tough times it seems as the Blues just hammered them 6-0.  I hope a deadline trade is looming and you all know who I want them to land.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 2:06 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

I am impressed with the work Bylsma has done and even Evander Kane is rising to the occasion.  I just wonder if these goalies are in their long term plans.  I think NOT>  I hope NOT.  I am not happy with the goaltending , as I have been spoiled for some 40 years with the likes of Hasek, Miller and Donnie Edwards and Sauve.  Lehner has recently proven he is the number one guy.  He does not let in as many stinkers as Nillson.  But I would not think twice if I could get Miller back or land a proven guy.  Finding a goalie is like finding a QB I guess.  Unless you get lucky, like we did with Hasek.  The Sabres have had good goaltending in most of their history.  At least since 1980.  The team has done well.  They do not quit. There were a couple of call ups from Rochester this morning.  I am not sure who will crack the lineup tonight.  The big guns should give the Ducks all they can handle.  I wish i could get  a comment from this coach on his opinion of the goaltending?  And that of Murray and what his intentions are moving forward?  If they can put  a streak together which seems almost impossible, they could make a run at the 8 seed.  They are only 5 points out and have games in hand on a few teams.  They win one of two and then lose one or two.  That is not gong to cut it.  We have to put a streak together and I feel the next few games it could happen.  Ottawa has not beaten us all year.  We just beat them 5-0 and they are on tough times it seems as the Blues just hammered them 6-0.  I hope a deadline trade is looming and you all know who I want them to land.

In all honesty, do you think Marc Andre Fleury could help for the short term until a goaltender comes thru your minor league system via the draft? 

23 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

In all honesty, do you think Marc Andre Fleury could help for the short term until a goaltender comes thru your minor league system via the draft? 

What makes you think he is going to be available?  And Lehner has been OK.  He is not Miller.  And no, he is not Fluery.

16 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

What makes you think he is going to be available?  And Lehner has been OK.  He is not Miller.  And no, he is not Fluery.

Murray  at 22 is the future of the Pens. Fleury is 31/32! SUPPOSEDLY there is talk about Fleury removing his nmc/nxt so the the team could move him before the draft! I'm not sure how the expansion draft will work as far as goaltenders are concerned should the Pens be successful in moving him.

I would like to see him traded instead of losing a netminder for nothing! 

Archived