Game 8: Flyers Vs. Oilers, October 21, 2017, 1:00pm

AJgoal

Took my son to the game.  Missed the entire first period because my car battery somehow died while he was at skating lessons.  Had to wait an hour at his rink for AAA to show up.  Frustrating, but at least we got there.   

Second period was a bit sloppy and Edmonton was the better team.  However, I'm not sure they tested Elliott that much.  He should have stopped the goal even though Maroon made Patrick and Hagg look like the young'ins they are.  Btw, Patrick's line didn't take a single defensive zone faceoff at even strength.   

They really managed to limit McDavid.  I can't recall any moment where I was on the edge of my seat with the puck on McDavid's stick.  Good effort by Couturier and Laughton and the team overall for shutting him down.  Also, good game by MacDonald.  Not much to criticize him for today.

Really can't wait until Weal and Leier are back.  There is no question they should be in the lineup ahead of Lehtera and Read.  They make the team so much faster.  

Simmonds is just a hockey player's hockey player.  Love watching him play.  Filppula had some great moves to make that goal possible.

Didn't think Sanheim was noticeable.  Don't mean that in a bad way.  

Archived