Cogliano suspended ending streak

yave1964

In a few days Andrew Cogliano will get a chance to start a new streak.Image result for andrew cogliano ducks

Cogliano has been suspended for two games for what the league has deemed to be a late hit on Adrian Kempe a few nights ago ending his consecutive games played streak at 830, the 4th highest in league history. The longest ever belongs to Doug Jarvis at 964 games. The new current consecutive games played leader is Keith Yandle at 676. Cogliano has remained silent about the leagues decision although his coach and teammates have been vocal in stating that it was an awful decision to suspend Cogliano onw what most view as a clean play as the puck had left Kempe's stick just a second before and he was skating with his head down.

“I’d have to say that from my assessment of it is Cogs never actually projected his body or any part of his body towards Kempe,” Carlyle said. “Kempe saw the player coming and tried to lift his stick and get inside and jump over him and made contact.

“Was it late? It was one second after he moved the puck. … Other than that, I don’t see any merit in a suspension, but obviously I have a point of view that’s subjective to my viewing of it and it’s for a member of our hockey club. If anybody else asks me, I’d have the same opinion.”

Prior to Sunday’s hearing, Cogliano had not received a fine or suspension. The winger speedy has no history of overtly physical play, having long been seen as a player that competes every night in a clean manner.

Archived