TO @ NYR

hobie

TO is now 29-18-5=63 pts and 15 pts ahead of Det. for the 3rd playoff spot. That's a pretty comfortable cushion.

The NYR have 55 pts and are 6th in the much more competitive Met and the word is they're probably going to think about rebuilding.

It's a game TO should win but TO will again have 3 rookies on d so we'll see.

I loved the energy that the rookies gave TO last year and I like what I've seen of the rookies this year, it's a perfect scenario for TO to grow it's youth and TO seems willing to do just that! TO could have brought up Marincin instead of Dermott and Holl but they didn't, ya!  

4-0, TO outshot them, definitely outplayed them, it's a Holl of a result!

Conventional wisdom says TO needs to upgrade the d and while upgrading is always good I wonder why TO didn't resign Boyle,, neither Gaithier or Moore have been adequate replacements for him and Boyle is what TO could use.

TO wins with another via shutout yet after the game Babs is still talking about the team being a work in progress, OK, I guess.

The team played 4 rookies, 3 on d and didn't own the Rangers for periods during the game which disappoints Babs. Is this the definition of perfectionist and he won't be happy until TO plays so well that other teams might as well not bother to show up?

The last I looked the NYR are a legitimate NHL team and at 25-20-5 prior to last night they're not that bad so I thought Babs is a lot over the line in his post game comments.

Good God, Babs should enjoy the good times, he praises them when they're losing and with such hesitance when they win?  

Archived