TO @ Det

hobie

McE in nets tonite which makes sense, Andersen has faced 57 and 39 shots in the last 2 games so it would seem he's due for a rest. Many years ago Brodeur played pretty well every game for NJ during his prime between 70 to 78 games per season however he was facing an average of 23 shots per game.

Even with a #1 d-man like Karlsson I doubt TO could find a way to decrease the shot volume against which has been a problem for 15 years. The art of defense continues to elude any rendition of the Leafs and I doubt the current team will be able to surmount this.

Personally I don't have a problem with the shots against volume except that TO can't match that volume, no matter the quality of the opposition. I prefer TO out shot and out score the opposition, some games we see a glimmer of that kind of dominance but those are all to brief.

Detroit should be a walk in the park for TO however has Det received that memo? Both teams played last night so fatigue shouldn't be an issue as both should be as tired.  

I remember Danny Dekeyser being a FA that all teams wanted, Det got him and I thought it was a classic rich getting richer scenario. I see that Dekeyser is on the 3rd d pairing making 5 mil. per so it's probably more of a kick you while you're down scenario.

Archived