TO @ TB

hobie

It's always exciting to see shiny new toys in any lineup and Plekanec is playing tonite!

#Leaf lines at morning skate:
Hyman-Nylander-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner 
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Brown
Leivo-Plekanec-Komarov 
Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Carrick
Dermott-Polak
Martin-Carrick

— Kristen Shilton (@kristen_shilton) February 26, 2018

I like what I see, Kappy gets a chance to show if he's top 6 worthy. I wouldn't mind seeing Moore on that 4th line replacing Leivo, I like his speed but I understand that Babs isn't fond of Moore.

Another Andersen night, outshot 42 to 30, well Marner continues to shine.

Plekanec had 2 penalties, he started out hitting everything but soon settled in. I'm reading that Plekanec was Mtl's Leo, trusted by the coach to the same level as Babs trusts Leo. I see his ATOI is around the same as Leo's and more than Marner's. The word is that he will probably resign with Mtl. Can't say I noticed him that much tonite but 2 penalties implies he couldn't keep up.

Nylander without Marner spent most of the night defending and I thought he did a commendable job, his only glaring 2 mistakes resulted in goals against which should be a bad thing except he played against TB's best and spent the whole night defending. 2 mistakes resulting in goals against is bad except that Nylander was in a position to defend, the effort was there again as it was against Boston.  

Archived