Botterill obviously waiting for playoffs to end to name coach

Buffalo Rick

If Botterill were going to consider lets say Lindy Ruff,  who many including myself in Buffalo would welcome back with open arms, he likely would have done so already.  So if he is waiting for the playffs to end to tap an assistant or even a head coach, who could it be?  I personally love Steve Ott.  I know he does not have experience and neither did Housley.  Maybe he is waiting to complete his roster first?  Like a goalie and after the draft?  He is certain to make moves in FA.  He may trade some picks for an experienced forward?  If its not Steve Ott?  Who? There is no guarantee Berube will be back?  If he can win the Cup I have little doubt he would . Would that upgrade Ott?  Of course.  But this Blues team is loaded with talent. I believe Jake Allen could be a candidate in Buffalo.  He is an upgrade from Hutton I am now certain.   I am not sure which other assistants he is looking at?  Tampa and Winnipeg must have a couple?  So does anyone here venture a guess who the next head coach of the Sabres might be?

• 2 weeks later...

Botterill obviously waiting for playoffs to end to name coach

Apparently not, he was just trying to figure out what Payless Shoe store Krueger was working at..

Archived