Armchair GM(nhl19)

Gnarkill

It's the off season so I thought it would be fun to put ourselves in Fenton's shoes and see what each of us would do even though the game's trades aren't super realistic or anything its just something I did to kill the time. If you want to try your hand at it feel free to post your results here! I did franchise mode with the most current online roster(april or whatever it was) on the hardest setting with "hard" trade settings.

For those with xbox one and xbox live gold membership.. I'd like to mention that NHL19 is currently a free "Games with Gold" game for the first half of the month! so get it while you can if you didn't already have it! 😁

I also decided to basically go full rebuild so in no way was I trying to build a contender right off the bat! I ended up with:

Zucker-Kunin-Tuch

Fiala-Donato-Kapanen

Greenway-Barbashev-Aaberg

Foligno-Ek-Brown

Fehr

Burns-Dumba

Spurg-Brodin

Prosser-Seeler

Hunt

Dubnyk

Stalock

Draft picks up coming year: 1st, 2- 2nds, 3 3rds

Following year: 2- 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2- 5ths, 7th

all picks beyond that untouched

I have Fehr, Dubnyk and Brodin still on the trade block.. hoping to grab a top 6 C, bottom 6 RW, a top 4 D,  or a better/younger Goalie. Basically just looking for the best deal possible and then build the rest through the draft/FA.

I didn't do anything with Iowa(other than bring Prosser up) or the unsigned guys until I get around to the next draft.

The team doesn't look great on paper but I think with a few good drafts and off season moves over the next couple seasons I'm on the right track. It's a wonder what you can do with no NTC/NMCs on a video game. 😂

Edited by Gnarkill