Shootout in Philly

Buffalo Rick

As soon as the game went to a SO I knew we were not going to get the win.  Elliot is a veteran goalie.  Johansson, who did make some good saves, is an AHL goalie thrown to the wolves due to Ullmark's injury that pretty much buried the Sabres and any chance to win a few games.   IF Ullmark had played we would have won this game, even with the horrible call on Skinner that gave the Flyers the tie.  The Sabres all in all played a far better game than any of the games in NY.  I was not sure if they would just tank and try to get poor Krueger fired.  They must at least respect him.  When you are think at the goalie position and lose your top goalie, its asking too much.  Now its Pittsburgh and Boston.  I am still surprised Pittsburgh is doing as well as they have. Washington is still the class of this division. No doubt.  The Flyers had to pull Hart to win this game and it was in doubt right til the end. Elliot made a couple of great saves, one on Hall to keep them in it when it was 4-3.  The Sabres deserved better.  But Johansson is Johansson.  And even though he sucks, I would still rather see him in goal than that other complete disaster named Hutton