Mankato High School Hockey snubbed as 2022 Hockey Day Minnesota broadcast schedule is announced

CreaseAndAssist

That rink will be well utilized for the weekend. Who is this supposed be for?

Kids? The Wild? All of us involved it hockey? Things evolve, I guess. Is NCAA MSUM game televised that day?

Being a father/coach/volunteer in one of these, is that the TV angle, as far as kids I know, aren't interested in TV. Much more interested in what's on their phone, like, right now!

TV is for us oldsters. With parents and anybody else with phone broadcasting, you can create your own moment of Fame. Wouldn't be surprised if these guys and gals keep their phones handy in their breezers for that random, priceless selfie!

Edited by Icechipper
Add sentence
  • Like 1

I'll agree with you that kids are far more interested in the stupid / boring stuff they're looking at on their small screen than the big one.  I see it all of the time as a HS teacher / coach and its very sad and perhaps even worse I see the parents doing the same thing.  However, I still know that plenty of people tune in.  I guess my main point is that this is the first time the hosting community didn't have at least one of its teams featured as part of the live broadcast.  

IMO if your local program isn't going to get featured with a live broadcast game, then why go through the incredible effort to host it?  Sure Minnesota State is going to have the chance to raise its profile, as I said there is nothing wrong with that.  But I'm going to guess the Mankato youth hockey association has been pretty involved in this endeavor too.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Icechipper said:

And these things do not and could not take place without parent-booster volunteers. The community is richer for that. 

Exactly, which is why I think its horrible for Bally or the Wild to make that kind of choice to not feature the host community on that Saturday.  

• Like 1