Eichel putting his career on hold

Buffalo Rick

Martin Biron, TV analyst and former puck magnet, confirms what should have been obvious by now: Sir Eichel will not play this season. That seriously drags out any trade discussions, given fluctuating league economics. He needs surgery, so this is the season to get 'er done. What's happening in the entertainment industry, with canceled tours because of Covid outbreaks (the Delta Devil), convinces me a lot of players and team personnel, vaccinated or not --- and here I will say let's not turn this into a vaccination debate -- will lose time, sometimes significant time, to Covid. Canceled games? Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Edited by Icechipper
Sp.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:01 AM, Icechipper said:

Martin Biron, TV analyst and former puck magnet, confirms what should have been obvious by now: Sir Eichel will not play this season. That seriously drags out any trade discussions, given fluctuating league economics. He needs surgery, so this is the season to get 'er done. What's happening in the entertainment industry, with canceled tours because of Covid outbreaks (the Delta Devil), convinces me a lot of players and team personnel, vaccinated or not --- and here I will say let's not turn this into a vaccination debate -- will lose time, sometimes significant time, to Covid. Canceled games? Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

They are allowing full stadiums now in the NFL.  Of course these events are mostly outdoors which can make a difference I suppose?  But I think it will take a real spike in Covid numbers to really effect the games moving forward as long as they stay careful with those involved with playing the game.  Its back to a regular schedule.   So that means they are confident.  Are they being over confident?  Maybe.  Time will tell.  

Back to Eichel, he had better get one of the surgeries done and damn soon.  Regardless of where he is going to play.  I would like to know the precise diagnosis of the injury?  I mean, what level is it at?  I have seen good outcomes in bone fusions so I am not understanding why Eichel is hell bent on the more invasive procedure? 

• Like 1

I work, among other endeavors, in the event business. Recently worked some shows (Joan Jett) who took her crew off the road. Eric Church is playing solo to sold-out stadiums, following his swing through Grand Forks and Winnipeg. Guns N Roses tour  did everything humanely possible to isolate its stars and key personnel in a bubble.  Crews behind those larger traveling shows work sometimes two, three shows in a row, working 16-hour days and traveling though several states. In that, you can get worn down, hard to keep everybody healthy. So, yeah, might be talking apples and oranges. Healthcare politics aside, things seem fluid. Will be down to a St. Paul Wild game soon but have yet to set the date!

Edited by Icechipper

12 hours ago, Icechipper said:

I work, among other endeavors, in the event business. Recently worked some shows (Joan Jett) who took her crew off the road. Eric Church is playing solo to sold-out stadiums, following his swing through Grand Forks and Winnipeg. Guns N Roses tour  did everything humanely possible to isolate its stars and key personnel in a bubble.  Crews behind those larger traveling shows work sometimes two, three shows in a row, working 16-hour days and traveling though several states. In that, you can get worn down, hard to keep everybody healthy. So, yeah, might be talking apples and oranges. Healthcare politics aside, things seem fluid. Will be down to a St. Paul Wild game soon but have yet to set the date!

Not sure if I’ll go to a Sabres game.  Bills maybe if I can get a ticket 

• Like 1