Expect A Trade By Monday...

Guest BearOnIce

Bear:

Good to hear from you...dealing with a sick Dad and work BS...Flyers hockey is a good diversion.

Bryz...lost season or lost career in Philly...won't know until next year. The contract was un..f....believable. But this was Homer...not me! My hope is not to cannibalize the good young players.

Peace,

Howie

Howie:

I am sorry to here you Dad is sick. I hope not serious. I lost my Dad a couple years ago. Still miss him every day.

I understand the work BS too...

If you are Homer, just say no. Keep the young guys. Bryz may come around, stranger things have happened, like the Flyers going to the Cup.

Take care Howie,

Bear

Howie:

I am sorry to here you Dad is sick. I hope not serious. I lost my Dad a couple years ago. Still miss him every day.

I understand the work BS too...

If you are Homer, just say no. Keep the young guys. Bryz may come around, stranger things have happened, like the Flyers going to the Cup.

Take care Howie,

Bear

Bear: Dad is probably not here for long but I hope we all get to 91 with our marbles intact.

As for Homer...you and I hope he builds a nucleus of good young people. And yes, maybe Bryz get his "bleep" together....

Best,

Howie

Posted · Hidden by Bertmega, February 27, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Bertmega, February 27, 2012 - No reason given

Angora soft is how the Calgary Annc team described two goals...

What was Pods25 up in the booth? Never heard a sheep reference in sports broadcasting EVER. Lol.

Bear: Dad is probably not here for long but I hope we all get to 91 with our marbles intact.

As for Homer...you and I hope he builds a nucleus of good young people. And yes, maybe Bryz get his "bleep" together....

Best,

Howie

Howie:

My sincere regards for your Dad. 91, wow, God bless.

The Flyers? Bryz? Well, we will have to see if there is positive reinforcement to come out of the SO win. Maybe the Universe and White Tigers are not looming that large any more..

Don't trade anybody.

Bear

Howie:

My sincere regards for your Dad. 91, wow, God bless.

The Flyers? Bryz? Well, we will have to see if there is positive reinforcement to come out of the SO win. Maybe the Universe and White Tigers are not looming that large any more..

Don't trade anybody.

Bear

I think this will be a litmus test on whether we keep our young players or let them be harvested by others.

Meanwhile, thanks for your kind words.

Best,

Howie

I think this will be a litmus test on whether we keep our young players or let them be harvested by others.

That seems to be what we do best, (albeit with some patented FlyerconsistencyTM) Either trade away draft picks, add draft picks as part of a trade, or be forced to send youth packing either via trade or in order to sign an "experienced" "gritty" veteran. I know many people made fun of Toronto doing the same thing. The difference? We made the playoffs.

Why is the road record so much better this year? Normally I would say it's because we have so many "aliens" to the arena -- but with our rookie cohort, that wouldn't seem to apply this year.

We have had some luck, too, in the draft... Giroux was such a sure thing, the GM couldn't remember his name. Coutirer seems like he could be a steal. Then again, JVR has that look as well (the very face of FlyerconsistencyTM)

As long as Snider owns this team, Clark is in a Comcast office, and Holmgren is the GM, I seriously have to reach for my wallet and stay with Center Ice to see some real hockey...

No cup in 36 years.

Game 6 loss.

2 Winter Classic losses.

And now this team.

The Flyer Fans deserve a lot more for the money they plunk down than this crap that the Flyers organization gives them.

It's funny... and obviously can't argue with the numbers you mention (dang facts...) I think Snider means well, but there is an old saying, claimed by many; about the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

Holmgren has broken the mold a little, not that there is a strong mold to break when there have been countless few with the title of GM, Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Club. Of course, he seems to operate under the philosophy of the do-over more than getting it right the first time.

There is also a bit of bravado from the front office -- When the league informed the team that Pronger's contract would count as an over 35; it was laughed at; though I think many of the fans felt the impending doom.

As for saving your money and participating via Center Ice? That's a bargain. I've been a ticket holder for about a decade now; and the quality of "going to the game" has left a bit to be desired. I love how they want people to renew - no refunds - without knowing what the pricepoint for next season is going to be (I've heard +$6 per seat per game). Oh, and hurry up and renew, before the league can have a schedule out, to see if it would be possible to split it up among friends.

Would any of that change if the Snider/Clarke/Holmgren troika was removed? I doubt it. The owners as a group have led this league to where it is...

Hockey

That seems to be what we do best, (albeit with some patented FlyerconsistencyTM) Either trade away draft picks, add draft picks as part of a trade, or be forced to send youth packing either via trade or in order to sign an "experienced" "gritty" veteran. I know many people made fun of Toronto doing the same thing. The difference? We made the playoffs.

Why is the road record so much better this year? Normally I would say it's because we have so many "aliens" to the arena -- but with our rookie cohort, that wouldn't seem to apply this year.

We have had some luck, too, in the draft... Giroux was such a sure thing, the GM couldn't remember his name. Coutirer seems like he could be a steal. Then again, JVR has that look as well (the very face of FlyerconsistencyTM)

Hockey:

I like your trademarks. They brought some Monday morning laughs.

Consistency is pet peeve. Thinking about our contrasts between and within seasons since the strike is almost mind-boggling.

Peace,

Howie

It's funny... and obviously can't argue with the numbers you mention (dang facts...) I think Snider means well, but there is an old saying, claimed by many; about the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

Holmgren has broken the mold a little, not that there is a strong mold to break when there have been countless few with the title of GM, Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Club. Of course, he seems to operate under the philosophy of the do-over more than getting it right the first time.

There is also a bit of bravado from the front office -- When the league informed the team that Pronger's contract would count as an over 35; it was laughed at; though I think many of the fans felt the impending doom.

As for saving your money and participating via Center Ice? That's a bargain. I've been a ticket holder for about a decade now; and the quality of "going to the game" has left a bit to be desired. I love how they want people to renew - no refunds - without knowing what the pricepoint for next season is going to be (I've heard +$6 per seat per game). Oh, and hurry up and renew, before the league can have a schedule out, to see if it would be possible to split it up among friends.

Would any of that change if the Snider/Clarke/Holmgren troika was removed? I doubt it. The owners as a group have led this league to where it is...

I agree with your insighful and true thoughts. The world is a crazy place today. I look to hockey as entertainment. I have to tell myself many times though to keep it in perspective.