Sabres sign Lawrence Pilut

Buffalo Rick

The Sabres now have Pilut back on blue line and that is good news . I wish they would just put Bryson in and release Jokuharu.  I know it won’t happen.  Adams better have an idea of what is going to happen in the nets.  He must have a ton of faith in Luukenen 

On 7/16/2022 at 7:24 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Adams better have an idea of what is going to happen in the nets.

I think he is putting faith in the flash Comrie displayed in net last year in Winnipeg was not a hoax and he is just a late bloomer.

Jacob Markstom was around the same age when he showed he was starting to put it together.

Can he do the same???

Maybe the odds are against.

With Anderson on the bench it seems like an out right tank one last time for the sake of why stop now. Roll them dice...

:beer:

On 7/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I think he is putting faith in the flash Comrie displayed in net last year in Winnipeg was not a hoax and he is just a late bloomer.

Jacob Markstom was around the same age when he showed he was starting to put it together.

Can he do the same???

With Anderson on the bench it seems like an out right tank one last time for the sake of why stop now. Roll them dice...

Well the Sabres were the only ones to see Hasek coming.  But I know nothing of this Comrie guy.  Of course I knew nothing of Hasek either. If he gets it wrong, he best hope Luukenen pans out. He best hope that anyway because I have the feeling he is going to be the day 1 starter?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well the Sabres were the only ones to see Hasek coming.  But I know nothing of this Comrie guy.  Of course I knew nothing of Hasek either. If he gets it wrong, he best hope Luukenen pans out. He best hope that anyway because I have the feeling he is going to be the day 1 starter?

They are doing a soft tank...:63:

On 7/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Can he do the same???

But you are forgetting the Finn Luukenen

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

But you are forgetting the Finn Luukenen

No i'm not. He only has 60 AHL games under his belt and in emergency can be recalled at any moment.

What he needs is a full season in the AHL to dominate and your GM is trying to leave him there and no yo yo him around calling him and sending him back.

What that tells me is he isn't ready but i would expect him to replace Anderson after this upcoming season. No reason to rush.

It's called development something my Flyers could learn too. In due time my friend he will be there.

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 10:45 AM, OccamsRazor said:

No i'm not. He only has 60 AHL games under his belt and in emergency can be recalled at any moment.

What he needs is a full season in the AHL to dominate and your GM is trying to leave him there and no yo yo him around calling him and sending him back.

What that tells me is he isn't ready but i would expect him to replace Anderson after this upcoming season. No reason to rush.

It's called development something my Flyers could learn too. In due time my friend he will be there.

You know, I do not think Adams realizes how good Lawrence Pilut is. I think he is alienating him right now. Your Flyers could do much worse than make an offer for Pilut. I think he would fit in very well.

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You know, I do not think Adams realizes how good Lawrence Pilut is. I think he is alienating him right now. Your Flyers could do much worse than make an offer for Pilut. I think he would fit in very well.

Flyers are already solid in net actually.

They need help with scoring from the forward position as of now.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

NO, not the goalie.  I meant Pilut. The defenseman.  

Well they actually have enough defensemen especially young ones.

And the kids actually need to play but I am sure you guys can move him somewhere else.

Flyers need help at forward.

And by that I mean guys who can score they have enough bottom 6 guys they need someone who can score.

Where that will come from I don't know.