Southern hockey

Samifan

23 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Since I am living in Raleigh now, I’m checking out my first Hurricanes game. 25th season, home opener, plenty of good seats available.

and they’re playing Columbus.

#IHATEJAKE 😂

I am watching this very game. Which fan are you? The one with the big swirling winds head gear? :ph34r: 

Anyways, the first period seemed rather....ummm, uneventful. Did the action seem livelier to you being there? Maybe it just looked that way on TV. 
Neither team seemed to be able to get much going and not much in the way of huge saves or even premium chances.

Hope the pace picks up.
Regardless, enjoy yourself!

If I were there with you, chances are I'd be gobbling down some sort of burger right now. :bigteeth: 

30 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I am watching this very game. Which fan are you? The one with the big swirling winds head gear? :ph34r: 

Anyways, the first period seemed rather....ummm, uneventful. Did the action seem livelier to you being there? Maybe it just looked that way on TV. 
Neither team seemed to be able to get much going and not much in the way of huge saves or even premium chances.

Hope the pace picks up.
Regardless, enjoy yourself!

If I were there with you, chances are I'd be gobbling down some sort of burger right now. :bigteeth: 

Game has been boring IMO, kind of like watching the Flyers. Highlight of my night has been booing #93 in white lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

Game has been boring IMO, kind of like watching the Flyers. Highlight of my night has been booing #93 in white lol

Well there ya go....second period, they trade a couple goals.
Laine looks like he got crunched pretty good. Favoring his right arm.

Hasn't left the bench, so that at least is good news for Jackets fans.
Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine, if they can stay healthy, have the potential to be dangerous all year long.

As for the Canes, Brent Burns playing his brand of rough hockey.....Carolina fans should love having him in there!

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Canes, Brent Burns playing his brand of rough hockey.....Carolina fans should love having him in there!

I realize it’s a weeknight but I thought the place would be closer to a sellout for home opener.