Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Monday 10-17-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Jost looks pretty solid on line 1.  Now, if we could just get a Boldy, Rossi, Hartman line as an alternative.  PU would look good with EEK and then 4th line (that is where his skill would play) until Greenway returns.  I would bet these lines would 'perform' better in W/L - who cares about what Dean wants

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Jost looks pretty solid on line 1.  Now, if we could just get a Boldy, Rossi, Hartman line as an alternative.  PU would look good with EEK and then 4th line (that is where his skill would play) until Greenway returns.  I would bet these lines would 'perform' better in W/L - who cares about what Dean wants

Agree about Jost but then again playing with those 2 should make one better but so far it looks like he belongs. What’s up with Greenway? Any time frame when he’s back? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildstars95 said:

don't be angry we all knew last year was our only shot at it... and going forward it would be a long 3-5 years

It doesn't have to turn out that way if DE and BG would worry more about performance and potential than favoritism and 'earning your way' through AHL - this is an old time approach that winning teams avoid

• Thanks 1

BTW:  Addison looks like he is MORE THAN READY for top D minutes (with Brodin covering his backside, he will look even better).  Spurgeon is slipping in my view, and Dumba needs to go at some point this year- many of the kid D could fill his role, I believe, and we need the $6MM for some new extensions

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Agree about Jost but then again playing with those 2 should make one better but so far it looks like he belongs. What’s up with Greenway? Any time frame when he’s back? 

Greenway and Merrill are practicing (from Russo), I think another week or two for each

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

BTW:  Addison looks like he is MORE THAN READY for top D minutes (with Brodin covering his backside, he will look even better).  Spurgeon is slipping in my view, and Dumba needs to go at some point this year- many of the kid D could fill his role, I believe, and we need the $6MM for some new extensions

Correct on all counts except Spurgy. He's been going downhill since even before last season.
Good luck moving Dumba when BG is defending him. 
I like putting Brodin with Addison so he at least doesn't have to babysit someone who's supposed to be a leader.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

That just may do it 

Goligoski looks like his feet are frozen in the ice.  He turns slow, and got walked right after the goal.  Early last year he looked ok in terms of speed.  Now, he just looks slow and 'beer league' speed.  Our D just sucks.  18 goals in two games isn't just the goaltending.  12 goals for in 3 games doesn't normally equate to 3 Ls.

Kap is still worth the price of admission 😁