Sabres finally will play tonight, Power day to day

Buffalo Rick

If I were to bet on it, I would say Owen Power is a go tonight  Not Bryson.  Power will be a sight for sore eyes.  The well rested Sabres will host a Red Wings team that pulled off a dramatic comeback win in Pittsburgh.  Down 4-0 it was all over.   For Pittsburgh.  I actually have to give the Red Wings a ton of credit for this one.  Husso was in goal so that means whoever the backup is, he will play in Buffalo tonight.  The Sabres have a 4 game winning streak. They lost a game on the  schedule that they likely would have won, at Columbus.  Should be made up later.  Probably in the spring.  I am hoping they come out flying, but their best period has been the third.  Average goaltending should get the job done. The Red Wings might lost their legs in the third?  Go Sabres!!!!

Luukko is in net for the Sabres tonight and he has been getting it done....DESPITE some silly fans wanting him gone. :rolleyes: 

Anyways, a well rested Sabres team 'SHOULD' skate better than a Wings team who played yesterday, but, I think we all know things don't always work out that way.
Wings could be more focused having played a game yesterday (and winning in grand comeback fashion too), and Sabres could come out lethargic after a long layoff between games.
We will see.

31-yr old journeyman goalie Magnus Hellberg, who has been decent in very limited NHL duty over the last five years, goes for Detroit tonight.

Over the years, outstanding numbers in the minors, but hasn't quite done enough to get that to translate to being an NHL regular.

11 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Luukko is in net for the Sabres tonight and he has been getting it done....DESPITE some silly fans wanting him gone. :rolleyes: 

Anyways, a well rested Sabres team 'SHOULD' skate better than a Wings team who played yesterday, but, I think we all know things don't always work out that way.
Wings could be more focused having played a game yesterday (and winning in grand comeback fashion too), and Sabres could come out lethargic after a long layoff between games.
We will see.

31-yr old journeyman goalie Magnus Hellberg, who has been decent in very limited NHL duty over the last five years, goes for Detroit tonight.

Over the years, outstanding numbers in the minors, but hasn't quite done enough to get that to translate to being an NHL regular.

Well the Sabres took care of the Red Wings once again.  They are a point back of them even though they are 3-0 vs them.  One game in hand. Ill temper my enthusiasm as we go into the snake pit in Boston tomorrow.  We outplayed them the last time we played them, in Buffalo, and still lost the game.  Horrible goaltending did us in in the final minutes.  Yes, Luukenen has been better.  Last night though the Sabres had a 5-0 lead and then very predictably went to sleep and allowed them to score a few.   The game was never in doubt though.  But of course the Red Wings had erased a 4-0 deficit to the Penguins the night before an stole one in Pittsburgh.  I am hoping we can pull the upset in Boston.  If Ottawa can beat them, so can we.  And we have a back to back, with the New Years game in Ottawa.  New Years Eve is in Boston.  i wonder if Granato will allow any drinking if they play well in Boston.  Are there curfews in sports any more?  I highly doubt it.  Lots of Irish bars will be open late in Boston.