Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Wednesday 2-15-23, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

I wasn't a fan of the 'wire-to-wire' plan with Fleury either, however, our OFFENSIVE (emphasis) meltdown against St. Louis was a harbringer of what we are seeing this year.  We simply had no reliable scoring aside from KK, and would have been boat raced without him.  The Goalie decision was less important, in my opinion.

I  just thought it disrupted the team doing so. They had to sense the frustration of Talbot and others on the team.

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

I  just thought it disrupted the team doing so. They had to sense the frustration of Talbot and others on the team.

Talbot is cooked now...Maybe it destroyed him, but they thought they were going with the playoff legend versus the perennial 'also ran' in the playoffs - not always a bad call, but we did not know how to play defense with Fleury's 'big rebound' game.  This is another are where Wild Mgmt. misjudged how the D would play in front of Fleury.

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Oh he has passed up many between the dots chances with deciding to pass away to Kap.

Zucc is 'pass first',  but at least he hits the net and trusts a better shooter.  Part of EEK and Boldy's problem is that their 'gun sights' are off, and there is literally NO THREAT on their lines to pass to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Greenway is no Mike Bossy, but Brodz was one of the Legends of missing the easy pass/shot - an ALL TIME skid mark

He at least scored once in a while 😁
The entire team other than Brodin, Midds and Spurgeon have a pass first mentality. Hartman will shoot first but something about the broadside of a barn comes to mind.

BG/DE have literally pressed all the wrong buttons this year:

1)  No Fiala for Boldy

2) Kept Dumba again, only to lose a better player (Fiala, and Tuch)

3) Did not play Gus as frequently as they should have until recently

4) Messed with Rossi by lining him up with scrubs ('gotta earn it,' while others have not)

5) Saw the second coming of last years Ryan Hartman in Sam Steel (the Ducks suck, and even they did not retain his services)

6) They continue to stifle their top 2 lines with players that don't belong, dragging their Stars down in production

7) Acting like Spurgeon is one of the Top 10 D in the NHL - he isn't, but Brodin could be

8)Over-reliance on the GREFF Line, PP2, and Line 4 - they are NOT good this year

9) Wrecking the future by letting guys rot in IA, awaiting some fictional 'development' that is questionable at best against lesser competition (Walker should be up too)

10) Establishing a 'protected class' versus the Country Club - how about everyone is equal, and lose the 'head games' BS

Need I go on?

• Good Post 3